Square One Television.

Hilleyb

Reaction score
Actually all the descriptions in the guide come from the official CTW documents. Those are the legal/production titles of the songs and sketches.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Then why would they list a song by the name of the fictitious recording group that supposedly recorded the song instead of by the song's title?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have a public access channel that show Square One TV Math Talk which was a program used in the classroom. But the clips that they show on it are just awesome!:smile:

KerMatttheFrog

Reaction score
I remember one of the Mathnet episodes had a young Yeardly Smith as the "girl in trouble".

Later on she would turn up as the voice of Lisa Simpson.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
i used to love square one! especially the songs, and the beginning of mathnet where they whipped their calculators out of their pockets and typed "tap tap ta-tap tap...tap tap" and put them away. going back through all the songs i remember, i see it's more of ctw creativity at its best.

the three mathematical concepts i remember specifically learning from the show were 1) the fibonacci sequence (from the mathnet with the parrot squawking "one one two three" and the modern art painting hiding the safe), 2) my multiplication tables for 9 from the song Nine Nine Nine, and 3) tesselations. i learned that song even before i heard the beach boys, so i've always thought of the colorful patterns every time i've heard good vibrations.

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
I love that square one tv! I remembered the case of the missing numbers! do you remembered in during the 25th birthday in wdw one of the cast was in the Square One Tv!

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I loved this show growing up! I vividly remember watching the "Mystery Weekend" episodes of Mathnet in my best friend's basement with the light off. Apparently, we thought it was scary. :big_grin: