Favorite show no one knows

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can confirm it... i watched an episode on Youtube, and it was so tame, any tamer, it would have been the very kind of thing that Garbage Pail Kids was a send up of...

savagemonkey

Reaction score
I really liked the Attack of the Killer Tomatoes cartoon series. But when I bring it up, hardly anyone remembers nor have ever seen this short lived series. Thankfully, someone posted at least 12 of the episodes on youtube.

i used to watch that when i was younger i dont remember when they took it off tv though

monkey

Xerus

Reaction score
i used to watch that when i was younger i dont remember when they took it off tv though

monkey
I heard it was because they wanted more educational cartoons on TV and all that the Killer Tomatoes cartoon taught us were vegetables.

It would've been nice if the Killer Tomatoes lasted 65 episodes instead of 21, but I am trying to bring back the series in fanfics though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I loved Attack of the Killer Tomatoes... siggghhhh... I used to love Fox Kids, until they became so Power Rangers-centric. The old shows like Eek the cat, bobby's World, The Tick, Sam and Max... and some of the newer stuff before the network collapsed... like Mad jack the Pirate and Ripping Friends...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Man, I miss Bobby's World, there's the perfect example of a show to watch before school starts.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Just thought of Another One

Anybody remember "Nearly Departed"? It ran in the summer of 1987 as a replacement for another show (can't remember which one) and starred Eric Idle.
The premise was a man and his wife are dead, but they "live" in their house as ghosts, though another family has moved in. They can't see or hear Idle and his wife, but the woman's father can! (Line from the theme song, "They can't see or hear us, nobody can...except the old man!")
Kind of like Beetlejuice, only no macarbe stuff.
The show probably only lasted 6 weeks or so, but I remember it being a riot!
Does this show ring a bell with anyone?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Also have Dr. Snuggles and the animated series they had about a koala family living in australia with a rabbit brother and sister duo, penguin brother and sister duo with triplet baby brothers, and a trio of somewhat bullyish kangaroo brothers as well (forgot the name of the show.
That would be the Adventures of the Little Koala. Which was one of the many shows on Nick that I enjoyed back in the day, along with Noozles, so bite your tongues.

Okay, now here's one I bet a lot of you haven't heard of: Tales of the Gold Monkey. With Stephen Collins as Jake Cutter, pilot of the plane Cutter's Goose, and Roddy McDowall as Bon Chance Louie, magistrate of the island where the series took place.

-Kim

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
In terms of unheard shows, I can't think of much (although I DO remember having seen a bit of the Noozles--probably a video ad or something). :smile: I liked Pepper Ann back when it was on air, and I watch Kappa Mikey from time to time. But in terms of anime unheard of, I've seen a few episodes of Saru Getchu: On Air.

Saru Getchu is based on a game series Westerners may know as Ape Escape, and the show features several characters from the franchise, including Kakeru (Spike), from the first AE game, as the main character, Specter, appearing in all of the games so far, as the main antagonist; even the Pipotron Brothers, their debut in Pumped & Primed, have their roles as recurring "baddies".

Admittedly, I had seen these ten-minute episodes without knowing much of what they're saying, but by watching the action and skipping the real chatty scenes, I manage to get a little bit of enjoyment. :smirk:

Again, I don't believe I have seen enough obscure TV shows/cartoons to discuss deeply in this thread, but I've never heard anyone talk about USA Network's Psyche or *gulp* Playhouse Disney's Handy Manny--both of which I enjoy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Heh. Pepper Ann! We could use a show like that again. A hip young fresh faced 12 year old girl who was empowered and intellegent and told girls to think for themselves. Not like those Bratz.

I want to add, while not a show, I love Asterix and have seen 2 of his movies (one on Youtube, one on Generic DVD) and I am heart broken that he isn't popular in the US.

ZootyCutie

Reaction score
This is something I find pretty surprising, but in my entire group of friends, I am the only one who knows of Homestar Runner, despite it's popularity. I was actually the one that introduced it to them, and they all had the same response: it's weird. Well, it's supposed to be weird, but I'm surprised that I was the one that brought them the no-armed whitey.