SS episodes on Muppet Wiki

muppet maniac

Reaction score
As you all know, Muppet Wiki has episode descriptions of many of the older episodes, which are taken from the CTW archives (not "officialyl" written by CTW, but by some women organization, or...whoever) I've also noticed MANY of several descriptions can be very wrong (I know for I have visited Alt TV Sesame Street, and the peoples' memories there seem more accurate).

So, I was wondering if any of you "experts" (like Sesame Mike, Xerus, etc.) can go through these pages and confirm what was real/not. And maybe you guys can sign up to the Wiki and edit some stuff (it's free)

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sesame_Street_Episodes

SSLFan

Reaction score
Hey, they have Slimey to the Moon episodes! Where are the sketches?

ISNorden

Reaction score
As you all know, Muppet Wiki has episode descriptions of many of the older episodes, which are taken from the CTW archives (not "officialyl" written by CTW, but by some women organization, or...whoever) I've also noticed MANY of several descriptions can be very wrong (I know for I have visited Alt TV Sesame Street, and the peoples' memories there seem more accurate).

So, I was wondering if any of you "experts" (like Sesame Mike, Xerus, etc.) can go through these pages and confirm what was real/not. And maybe you guys can sign up to the Wiki and edit some stuff (it's free)

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Sesame_Street_Episodes

If I hadn't been banned long ago, I'd be glad to help with editing again...and to offer any proof necessary that I was dead serious about changing my ways. :halo:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
If I hadn't been banned long ago, I'd be glad to help with editing again...and to offer any proof necessary that I was dead serious about changing my ways. :halo:
Lately, the Wiki has been trying hard to be nicer to its users, encouraging them to edit more often. For that reason, I just unblocked you. Good luck.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Lately, the Wiki has been trying hard to be nicer to its users, encouraging them to edit more often. For that reason, I just unblocked you. Good luck.
A million thanks to you; as for me, I pledge not to post a dozen talk-page questions at once and not to harp on sponsorship so much. Fair enough?

Danny Horn

Reaction score
As you all know, Muppet Wiki has episode descriptions of many of the older episodes, which are taken from the CTW archives (not "officialyl" written by CTW, but by some women organization, or...whoever)
Actually, most of the episode descriptions that I've been adding from the archives are "official", and written by CTW. Unfortunately, the summaries that I've found are written for the benefit of educators, and not for Muppet fans, so sometimes errors creep in.

For example, I just posted a summary that described a sketch with Kermit trying to sell Ernie a set of scales. I didn't recognize the sketch, so I just posted what I had, knowing that some Sesame expert would come along and correct it. And someone did, which was great -- turns out it was Lefty selling the scales, not Kermit. D'oh! I don't know how the person writing the summary that day could have confused Lefty and Kermit -- maybe they think all green Muppets look alike?

But yeah, the info that we're posting is basically the best that we have available at the moment. We've been doing a lot of research for the wiki, spending days at the University of Maryland going through old CTW files. What we have isn't perfect, but as we all keep working on it, it gets better and more detailed all the time.

I want to echo Muppet maniac's invitation to come by and add information to the wiki. I know that there are some people here who know a lot, and it would be great to see you over there! If you have any questions about contributing, or you're curious about where some of the information came from, please feel free to post a question on my talk page:

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/User_talk:Toughpigs

I hope to see you there!

ISNorden

Reaction score
Article ideas--need more info to write!

I've been wanting to add articles on the following, but need more information (since none of my computer-watchable episodes include related material). Can anyone else provide enough data to turn these vague memories into articles, please?

• Ernie's "12 and 21" sketch: What episode first included it? (I know it was sometime in the early to mid-1990s.) Were any characters other than Ernie and the continually-switching numbers involved?
  • "Numberella": What episode included it? (I have a feeling this one only aired once, but may be wrong.) Were any of the Muppets recurring characters, as opposed to Anything types? Who narrated the story, if anybody?
  • Señor Cero: I know that Luis assumed this heroic identity (a parody of Zorro, who taught the number 0) sometime in the 80s, and that at least one episode centered on his doing so. Does anyone with a copy of the relevant shows have more information?
I'd appreciate any help that my fellow fans could offer, please!

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
[*]Ernie's "12 and 21" sketch: What episode first included it? (I know it was sometime in the early to mid-1990s.) Were any characters other than Ernie and the continually-switching numbers involved?
Actually it's from 1988. Besides, Ernie and the continually-switching numbers were the only Muppets in this sketch.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Actually it's from 1988. Besides, Ernie and the continually-switching numbers were the only Muppets in this sketch.
Good...thanks for the (corrected) information! Does anyone have an idea which episode first showed "12 and 21" so I can add that to the article?