Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

King Prawn

Reaction score
I managed to pick up a copy yesterday and i've got to say The Muppets on Muppets feature was more enjoyable than I expected. I'm still a die hard muppet fan but the truth is new muppet material doesn't really excite me as much anymore but I felt the Muppets were all in character here and enjoyed all of them, especially Pepe getting angry at Rizzo for making fun of the way he talks. There is one part though where Piggy & Fozzie are asked what they think of Jim Henson and neither of them had a clue who is was, Miss Piggy said she couldn't remember him, I know it's all in fun but I was excited to hear what both Piggy and Fozzie thought of Jim Henson and neither of them had much to say.

The menus are great, much better than the first and that's saying quite a bit because the first ones were good too. I really like the new Animal material both on the Muppets on Muppets feature and on the main menu though I've only seen one disc as of now, I need to see the second one, see what they do there. Fozzie and Kermit make such a great team, I had forgot about that.

All in all without having actually seen more than one episode yet I have to say i'm very pleased to have this, the only thing I feel they should have added apart from the Muppet Morsels were more bonus features, all three features together don't even add up to an hour but whats important is the episodes and those are uncut so that's great but I would have loved a few more extra features.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There is one part though where Piggy & Fozzie are asked what they think of Jim Henson and neither of them had a clue who is was, Miss Piggy said she couldn't remember him, I know it's all in fun but I was excited to hear what both Piggy and Fozzie thought of Jim Henson and neither of them had much to say.
That's actually not new, Miss Piggy said that in The World of Jim Henson documentary awhile ago. It was cute, but I agree, I do like it better when they comment on Jim Henson (which they have before). But I'd have to see this Muppets on Muppets thing before I judge. :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are the end credits a mixture of UK left-hand and US centred as per the first season set?
Yes, both are used throughout the set.

Has the cow sound effect been left in at the end of the Julie Andrews episode?
Yes, the sound effect is there with the newer 80's shot of Zoot.

With regards to the Elton John episode UK spot(s), is there a fade to black between the two?
There is a complete AV fade to black between the UK sketches but not at the beginning of English Country Garden.

Here is the progression: Vet's Hospital, English Country Garden, Any Old Iron

What's interesting is that when Vet's Hospital is fading out, the audio for English Country Garden has already begun. So a couple seconds of video is missing from English Country Garden. This suggests that Henson has had this "longer edited version" of the Elton John episode for quite a while and Disney probably used it because it had the longest run time.

King Prawn

Reaction score
For some reason where I live some DVD's come two weeks early, I was hoping the Simspons Season 10 would have been one of them as that one is released the same day as Muppet Show Season 2 unfortunatly it has not come yet but the other day I walked into the video store (expecting to find it there) and there it was. It's not out yet but i'm sure many more people apart from me will also be able to find it before August 7th

I just picked up my copy the other day and was excited that the muppets on muppets feature was pretty good but had nobody to tell, I'm the only Muppet nut in my whole family and circle of friends so I decided to share here

One other thing, Miss Piggy's nose holes dissapear on the fuzzy cover, you can barley see them not that it's a problem but I can really see the diffrence when looking at the cover art here on my computer but that's to much of a nit pick but it is bothering me.

:mad:

:smile:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I'd also like to point out that I love this DVD and when I was talking about the nose holes on the cover missing I wasn't bashing Disney just stating something, making conversation, it's a stupid thing but I was just pointing out how much difference those two little holes made to the cover, stupid I know but in no way am I complaining, This is a great DVD, down to the menus the only thing I will say though is more bonus features would have been nice

dwayne1115

Reaction score
yea I'm just happy that we are getting season two after two years of waiting. From the sounds of it there have been a lot of inprovments that they listend to the fans on some things. I can't wait on this set, it will be great to add to my muppet stuff witch over the years has sort of die off.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Anyways we should all just be happy it's out at this point is uncut for pete's sake! and has any extras at all!
Disney did a very good job we shouldn't be whining about some new feature they came up with that they didn't put on how about if you miss it that much you write in to them and say hey! I really liked the Muppet Morsels and now its gone could you please bring it back.
I'm so jelious to anyone who has this set all ready btw oh my the wait is driving me crazy! lol:big_grin:
I think people should just chill and be happy with what we've got its better than what season 1 brought to the table:cool:

dbarrie

Reaction score
Good news

It is very exciting to see TMS2 coming to DVD. It's also a relief to know that all the eps are going to be intact. Hopefully Disney was able to secure the clearances they need in order to release the remaining 3 seasons in a faster pace. D.

ploobis

Reaction score
It is very exciting to see TMS2 coming to DVD. It's also a relief to know that all the eps are going to be intact. Hopefully Disney was able to secure the clearances they need in order to release the remaining 3 seasons in a faster pace. D.
I hope so too!

I can't wait for this beautiful DVD set! I have not yet seen the following season two episodes.

1. Zero Mostel

2. Judy Collins

3. Lou Rawls

4. Jaye P. Morgan

5. Teresa Brewer

I can't wait to finally see these episodes! :smile: