A lesson to be learned! A crowd to stay away from!

Andy

Reaction score
Ignoring those jerks is indeed your best line of defense. Take it from someone who knows. This defense is especially effective if they try to openly harass you in public. You ignore what they're doing, pretend you don't even know them-and BINGO! They look stupid while you maintain your dignity. You may still be seething on the inside, but at least you're exercising better self-control than those babies could ever hope to:smile:.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I just loved how you called them babies. LOL! I laughed.

Thank you Andy. : )

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
"I remember DARE! Personally, I've always been glad the program existed. But I'm not sure how effective it is for everyone. I don't think simply telling people drugs are unhealthy is going to help. People know drugs are unhealthy, they do them anyway. You have to get to the emotional root of the problem.
That's true, But I do think that you do have to do something about the problem. It better to have tried at all then to have done nothing. But the reasons very and differ so much that it's all depends on the individual. you know?

But BeakerSqueedom, I applaud you for standing up to pressure and being who you are. the way they are going is headed in a bad direction. So It's good that you can see that already. Sometimes it takes people longer to learn or to see. the right way.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Doing the right thing is not always the easiest but you did it! Very brave of you!

Indeed. Sometimes doing the right thing can make you spend all night crying wondering if your life would have been better doing the wrong thing. but you know what? I'm unemployed and I'm PROUD I stayed away from Drugs sex alchohol and all that and went to college. Even though it didn;t yeild results for me yet, I'm proud as heck i did the right thing.

Though I will say, anyone who did the wrong things in life and cheated and lied and swindled the innocent to get where they are (politician cough cough cough) do get me angry.

Good for you.

BEAR

Reaction score
Yay, Claudia! You're wonderful!:smile: Jim Henson would be proud.

Katzi428

Reaction score
((((Claudia)))))
I realize you started this thread a while back.But I didn't tell you that I (just like the others) am extremely proud of you!:smile:
Peer pressure is a tough thing. You were smart to get away from these idiots. Hey...you're smart all around,and I'm glad that you're one of my friends.:big_grin:
Kathy

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Wait, I just have one question. You're sixteen right? Are you in a bording school or something? Or just so insanely smart that you went into college two years early?

Telly

Reaction score
Congrats on standing up for yourself! I'm 28 and hang out with a wide age range of people from 17 to 40. I drink pretty much every Saturday or every other Saturday (depends on events and such). My group of friends drink but don't smoke. One of my friends started smoking because he was "stressed" eventhough he's 19 and never smoked a day in his life. I made fun of him. I broke his cigarettes. I hid them. I tried lecturing him. I did everything. Still didn't quit. One of his other friends started smoking so he quit.

Anyway...long story short. I'm glad you didn't do things you didn't want to just to please others. Be yourself. Don't do things to fit in. It bothers me when people do that.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! Stating the obvious here. but it good to be a leader and not just a follower of the crowd.