What's the REAL second rule?

RedDragon

Reaction score
The Mythbusters found that it didn't matter how long it was down...It always grew the same amount of bacteria...Though I don't think they ever tested the base amount of bacteria on the food before it was dropped...They also found that the men's toilet seat was the cleanest place in the whole workshop...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They also found that the men's toilet seat was the cleanest place in the whole workshop...
I find that hard to believe; everywhere I go that has public restrooms, in the men's room, there's always pee all over the floor, toilets filled with poop, pee, vomit, and soggy toilet paper, pee all over the seats, and crap like that.

RedDragon

Reaction score
I know...They found it strange to...but facts are facts...

SSLFan

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe; everywhere I go that has public restrooms, in the men's room, there's always pee all over the floor, toilets filled with poop, pee, vomit, and soggy toilet paper, pee all over the seats, and crap like that.
Okay, I was eating...:stick_out_tongue: :grouchy:

Pork

Reaction score
I always used to think it was the 10 second rule, but then my Dad said he alway thought it was the three second rule. But I stand by the 10 second rule.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
I think it might be anywhere from three to five seconds, but either way I don't eat off the floor unless if it's a grape, in my own home, and not in front of people. Also, I eat stuff as long as it's wrapped up. (Strange question this is. :smirk: )

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I always heard it was the 5 second rule. But I would weat something dry off the floor. Like say I dropped a cracker, I would eat it, but if I dropped something wet, like...lunchmeat, I wouldnt eat it. Its easier to scrape the dirt of of dry stuff than wet stuff

And with the toilet thing, they mean toilets in general. They dont mean the mens toilet. And I'm sure those grimey things they have in public restrooms dont count, but they (whoever "they" are) say that a toilet is the cleaest part of a house because it is always being cleaned. I know my mom is always cleaning the toilet seat

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just cannot bring myself to do it. Even if it's your own home, people walk on it and your shoes/feet are not clean, heh.

travellingpat

Reaction score
I always thought it was 5 second rule...10 seconds is too long haha