Underdog the movie

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Morgan Clueless! Do you love Underdog. I love Underdog! Because of Jason Lee The voice of Underdog!
Honestly, I never really saw the original show, if that's what you're talking about. But if it's about the movie, I guess it looks okay--I mean, it's not exactly Oscar material or anything, but it doesn't look like crap to me. And chances are, I might end up seeing it on Pay-per-View, at a minimum, since my sister watches anything with dogs, animals, and/or cartoons in it.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
yeah me too.! Underdog Rocks!
Like I last-minute-ly mentioned, I might end up seeing it on PpV.

And I know this is totally off-topic, but I've been staring at your avatar for a bit, and I was wondering what is it? Not to be offensive or anything, but I was just curious. :confused:

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
Morgan Clueless
I have a story with the muppets and the rescue rangers. Go to Fan Fiction and fan art and click number 2.

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it does get annoying after a while (Pixar's Cars is a good example of this.) And since Disney loves making tons of money, they most likely would--and probably had--start a line of movie-based merchandise.
With Cars they really hit a smart point with the merchandise. When it first came out (and even today) It's hard to actually find the cars. I really only wanted George Carlin's VW bug, and I had to buy a 2 piece set for it.

Funko has some nice Underdog Merchandise, and there are some new T-Shirts as well. But I'd only forgive Disney if they made a Bean bag plush of Underdog that looks like the cartoon character, as they did it with Inspector Gadget and George of the Jungle. Though they sadly didn't make one of MaGoo...

Off-topic: Speaking of Alvin and the Chipmunks, I saw a poster advertising the new live-action movie, and while I don't mind the guy (Dave?) being human, seeing the cute anthro-kids dress up all "hip-hop and urban" creeps me out... Oh, and I'd like to see that new Bratz movie crash and burn.
Paula Abdul.... she could have been a has been hack from the 80's early 90's (Sorry Clifford) but American Idle came about, and she had the money to produce this. I TOO hope it flops and girls go back to playing with wholesome Barbie (not getting on the subject of America's mixed up values)
I am so glad 4Kids dropped the cartoon show (the best decision that crap company has made in years), but they still poop out those made for DVD hoochie mama propaganda films. Hiding it under the guise of quality entertainment by pretending to have good morals about following your heart. Well, it's the 2 things that are covering that area, year.

Honestly, I never really saw the original show, if that's what you're talking about. But if it's about the movie, I guess it looks okay--I mean, it's not exactly Oscar material or anything, but it doesn't look like crap to me. And chances are, I might end up seeing it on Pay-per-View, at a minimum, since my sister watches anything with dogs, animals, and/or cartoons in it.
And so as I said, it helps to NOT know the characters at all. Inspector Gadget could have been a good film, had I not grew up with him, know his every gadget and his disposition and have the creepy desire to donate my body to science so they can put cybernetics into my body. Super Mario brothers (which I liked when I was younger) would have played better had I not put every ounce of my blood sweat and tears playing his video games and made darn well sure I caught every episode of his cartoon series every day.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
With Cars they really hit a smart point with the merchandise. When it first came out (and even today) It's hard to actually find the cars. I really only wanted George Carlin's VW bug, and I had to buy a 2 piece set for it.
Just so you know, the only reason I said the merchandising for Cars is annoying is because it lasted a lot longer than I expected. Heck, maybe it's not really that bad, now that I think of it... :sympathy:

Though they sadly didn't make one of MaGoo...
Off-topic: I almost forgot a Mr. Magoo movie was made.

Paula Abdul.... she could have been a has been hack from the 80's early 90's (Sorry Clifford) but American Idle came about, and she had the money to produce this. I TOO hope it flops and girls go back to playing with wholesome Barbie (not getting on the subject of America's mixed up values)
I am so glad 4Kids dropped the cartoon show (the best decision that crap company has made in years), but they still poop out those made for DVD hoochie mama propaganda films. Hiding it under the guise of quality entertainment by pretending to have good morals about following your heart. Well, it's the 2 things that are covering that area, year.
I almost forgot Paula was in the movie. I loved her music... but no thanks to American Idol and other reality shows (including her own, Hey Paula), her image has been reduced to a drugged-up judge who stars in a whacked tween movie. While I understand that she has some (medical, so I heard) reason for acting rather wacky, I suggest she do something not camera- or media-related, so that she doesn't ruin her reputation further.

And so as I said, it helps to NOT know the characters at all. Inspector Gadget could have been a good film, had I not grew up with him, know his every gadget and his disposition and have the creepy desire to donate my body to science so they can put cybernetics into my body. Super Mario brothers (which I liked when I was younger) would have played better had I not put every ounce of my blood sweat and tears playing his video games and made darn well sure I caught every episode of his cartoon series every day.
Obviously, I hadn't quite lived as long as you had (I'm saying this in the best way possible), but it's good advice, I guess. :smirk: (LOL, you want to donate your body to science? Creepy, but then again, I remembered wanting my body cybernetically modified with gyro-copters like Gyroman from the classic Megaman series. :excited: )

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a cartoonist who is quite serious about his cartoons. I'm surprised I didn't do the petition to stop Loonatics Unleashed from airing.

Just so you know, the only reason I said the merchandising for Cars is annoying is because it lasted a lot longer than I expected. Heck, maybe it's not really that bad, now that I think of it...
Well, look how big the Toy Story toys have hit. I mean, a movie about Cars is second only to a movie about toys in Toyeticness. Yes, Toyetic is a word. I will say I really love the car they made of Hamm from Toy Story who appeared at the end of Cars.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think the things that bothers me the most about this film is that you just know he's going to blink and eye and it's going to make that noise and it's going to sparkle. Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.:stick_out_tongue:

While Underdog shared an executive producer (Peter Piech) and the same Mexican animation outfit (Gamma studios) Underdog was NOT created by Jay Ward or his band of merry men. Underdog is a Total TV production. This has been the source of confusion for many, but I assure you, King and Odie, Tennesse Tuxedo, Commander McBragg, et all are NOT jay Ward productions. Even though, Peter Piech's Filmtel corporation did package some of these together in syndication. That's why you may have seen a fractured fairy tale or a Mr. Know it all during Underdog.
Okay, I was confused about thins myself and thought it may have been a jay ward cartoon. So thank you for clearing that up.

I think that the reason Cars merchandise was so annoying was because it made 2 billion and is expected to make another 2 billion this year. But you just walked into a insert mega marker's name here when the film was out and it was nothing but cars from wall to wall.:smirk: