The Simpsons Movie - Box Office Smash!

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
I dont think she knew much about the simpsons though. She didnt know how to pronounce Matt Groenings last name. She said "Grow-ning", not "Grey-Ning".

Aussies always pronounce it Grow-ning not Grey-ning... seems to come naturally to us probably cause of our accents? Even though I know it's pronounced Greyning I still find myself saying Grow-ning most of the time... I think it's cause to me the spelling would naturally sound out like Growning... I mean if you look at the vowels... I can't understand where the pronunciation of Grey-ning comes from?

maybe it's a silent o & e with an invisible e & y in there! :smile:

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
I too didn't think the movie would be all that it was... I'd stopped watching Simpsons a while ago cause I think I got a bit of Simpson re-run overload. Here in Australia they're played pretty much every day on free to air TV and the pay TV Cable networks have it playing nearly all day on some channels!

But I'm looking forward to seeing the movie cause of all the reviews and also to see the extra special effects they've put in! And because it's all new comedy (especially of the Homer variety) I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
She was american. They were in california, and she didnt have an accent, just saying. If I offended you, I'm sorry

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, the show can really get into over kill sometimes.

Pip Pip Hooray

Reaction score
She was american. They were in california, and she didnt have an accent, just saying. If I offended you, I'm sorry
Oh no not at all... I'm sorry if my message came across that way. That's the only thing that I find hard with email, forums and instant messaging... what's written can so easily be interpreted differently from how it was meant because we can't add tone or body language. I've had a few misunderstandings through email before... just goes with the territory of the written word.

No offence whatsoever :smile: And I'm sorry if my message came across as being harsh in anyway.