More Stuff You Might Have Missed!

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
ALICE COOPER:

During the song "Once-A-Year Day!", it's unclear as to who is performing Thog, since Jerry Nelson is performing one of the two monsters singing lead.

As I mentioned before, Kermit makes a reference to the Julie Andrews episode in this one.

Before Miss Piggy is transformed back into her old self, her singing voice is performed by Louise Gold (during the song "You And Me").

Gillian Lynne choreographed this episode. She would later become well-known for choreographing the musical "Cats".

VINCENT PRICE:

In the opening number, "I've Got You Under My Skin", Shaky Sanchez is performed by Jim Henson. For the rest of the run, he'd (usually) be performed by Steve Whitmire.

It is alluded to in this episode that Hilda, the costume lady, is from Transylvania.

Several Muppets make their debuts in this episode, including the three-headed monster and Uncle Deadly.

Jerry Nelson recycles several voices in this episode: the vampire in the "At The Dance" sketch sounds a lot like the Count Von Count, and Thudge McGurk sounds a lot like Frazzle.

During the goodnights, Uncle Deadly waves goodbye with Vincent Price's prosthetic hand.

MARTY FELDMAN:

The camel that Marty enters the theatre with is named Loretta, which was the name of his wife.

Variations on a theme: Sweetums revisits his "Frog Prince" days when he plays the genie who wants to eat Kermit (as Sinbad the Sailor) and the frogs who play his men.

The "Sesame Street" Muppets that appear in the finale: Ernie, Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, the Count, and two Anything Muppets.

This marks the only time Kermit has ever sung the "Sesame Street" theme, despite his numerous appearances on the show.

One of the bears that approaches Ali Baba was also used on "Sesame Street". Incidentally, Brian Muehl used the same voice for this bear that he did for Telly Monster.

Also, Jerry Nelson uses the Count von Count voice for the UK spot in this episode.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder why two anything muppets appeared in the Marty Feldman epsidoe, as opposed to more recognisable characters, like Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, Guy Smiley, Biff, Sully, Gladys the Cow, or The Amazing Mumford.

Sweetums is the only full-body monster seen in the Vincent Price episode, and while the Alice Cooper episode featured most of the full-body monsters, Boppity was the only recurring normal-sized monster to appear (two members of the band have appeared in other epsidoes, even before this one, but their appearances were few and far between).

It would have been great if Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem provided back-up on one of Alice Cooper's songs (or if they were a tad bit jealous of the monster band).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope you don't mind me listing "did you notice" facts about other episodes. Here it goes...

MARK HAMIL:

In Six String Orchestra, Scooter is in a bedroom and wearing his regular clothes at the beginning and end, with his clothing being changed in the middle as Scooter fantasizes about beign a rock star, but after the number is over, he leaves the stage in his rock star attire.

There seems to be quite a bit of sheep gags in this episode.

Paul Simon:

Lips doesn't appear with The Electric Mayhem in the closing number (and also doesn't appear with the band in Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover, though Dr. Teeth and Zoot are also absent there).

Many of the shows UK spots were musical numbers, but despite the music-heavy show, the UK spot is not a musical number.

This episode also has two sketches during the UK spot (Veterianrian's Hospital and Muppet News).

Raquel Welch:

This is probably the only episode where Kermit introduces At the Dance.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that in the Marty Feldman episode, right before the Aladdin sketch, Kermit tells Marty that he needs to know what the next story is so that he will know what he needs for casting and props. Shouldn't Kermit have planned ahead and known what stories were going to be performed?

LStein

Reaction score
I wonder why two anything muppets appeared in the Marty Feldman epsidoe, as opposed to more recognisable characters, like Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, Guy Smiley, Biff, Sully, Gladys the Cow, or The Amazing Mumford.

I was wondering the same thing. They should have appeared. I was thinking, they had a shot of Sweetums, Robin, and frogs, and it would have been cool if they included a shot of Big Bird and these Sesame Street characters but they included the two Anything Muppets. This is just what I wanted to point out. :batty::concern:

David French

Reaction score
ALICE COOPER:

During the song "Once-A-Year Day!", it's unclear as to who is performing Thog, since Jerry Nelson is performing one of the two monsters singing lead.
That doesn't mean anything; it wasn't uncommon for performers to play other characters even if they didn't voice them in that particular song or sketch.

Skekayuk

Reaction score
That doesn't mean anything; it wasn't uncommon for performers to play other characters even if they didn't voice them in that particular song or sketch.
Like when Louise performed a Viking-Pig that Jerry Nelson voiced (see photograph in the book OM&M).