Has The Long Wait Between Series 1 And 2 Soured This Line?

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Is it a good thing that Series 2 & 3 could really clash together a bit - i wouldn't have thought it's good for stores to have the next series up so soon because inevitably they'd try and clear the old stuff to make shelf space. Is it not feasible to delay series 3 a month or does that mess up orders and things ?
It would mess things up. We have to get into a more routine release schedule, it's a must for the line. If 2 and 3 end up sharing shelf space, it wouldn't be the first time that happens. Most of the time in stores there are multiple series of product on shelf at the same time.

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i agree with Quinn - the bulk do seem to get sold in the first month and just leave a few stragglers on the shelf for the months after so i guess it's no problem. Over here in Virgin we do have both the playsets on sale together and a couple of S1 figures alongside S2 and it's not done much harm. Interesting from a logistical point of view though - thanks for the answer.

Gonzo

Reaction score
This is entirely conjectural,

But if customers see Series One/Two or Two/Three all together, it may inspire them to buy some figures! Instead of thinking, "oh, they just have Fozzie and Gonzo and the weird "Dynamite" guy," they'll see the real scope and scale of the line, and buy more product. We're all in the know, and know about the great things in the pipeline....average Joe Consumer doesn't. Seeing how great the line really is may get him to buy some of them.

Just a thought.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
You are correct sir. Series 3 should be on shelf in February sometime. Schedule as it stands right now is still intact for just such an occurance. Some on our board received Series 3 unpainted samples as a contest prize, so they can tell you that the figs are almost debugged and at the gates or the production line.
Yes... but remember when series 2 was to be released in September?

Not that Palisades is to blaime, mind you. There are all these things that CAN go wrong with shipping and such. All I am saying, if they don't hit stores till April, don't come cryin' to Ken and co.

Remember thre song from the Twelve Chairs... Hope for the Best, Expect the Worst....

Walker Boh

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Of course, if the dock situation turns sour again....oh boy, I don't even want to ponder that as it caused major chaos for us on Series 2, which was completed a couple of months ago!
I heard on NPR this morning that they're close to an agreement that will give the dock workers more money and improve the tracking procedures on the docks. Hopefully it'll all be settled very soon.

gringo

Reaction score
According to my local news (Seattle). The strike is over. They interviewed a union guy, and most everyone is happy. This is supposed to be a long-term deal, so we probably won't see this issue anytime in the near future. The local news says that only about 70-80% of merchandise will hit retail before X-Mas.

Mark

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
But if customers see Series One/Two or Two/Three all together, it may inspire them to buy some figures! Instead of thinking, "oh, they just have Fozzie and Gonzo and the weird "Dynamite" guy," they'll see the real scope and scale of the line, and buy more product. We're all in the know, and know about the great things in the pipeline....average Joe Consumer doesn't. Seeing how great the line really is may get him to buy some of them.
yeah, i would think that too, if people missed series one and saw series two with let say kermit and piggy still on the shef, i doubt dr teeth or bunsen still are, but then they would see kermit,piggy,fozzie,gonzo and even animal all togther so it could bring more people into the line:smile: A good point Quinn!

Zack)Rowlf the, and if series three was shoved in there and there was still series one figs along with two, rowlf and scooter would be in the bunch too! but there wouldn't be a lot of room for em' all Dog.