Are any of you on neopets? (muppet guild)

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
NEOPETS!!!

I'LL JOIN! I'LL DO IT ON SARAH_SARAH_GAIL!

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Hey I'm on neopets. My user name is captcrouton. But I'm afraid I have nothing to contribute to your guild. I only go on to play games from time to time. I'll have 2 million neopoints soon. Maybe I play games more than just time to time.

beaker

Reaction score
What the heck are neopets? Is that the latest internet site craze like ebay, livejournal, or deviantart?

*Ack, and Im usually hip to such things*

wockawocka

Reaction score
Join anyway, I don't mind. The more members I have, the more will probably join.

Oh, neopets is a website that has like virtual pets and a whole bunch of games. You can meet lots of friends and the guild are kinda like muppet central here except smaller and with less things to do and people. But it's really fun, and I've found that it's a great way to let more people know about the muppets!

Natalie

Reaction score
Interesting...I've been wondering what that site was really about for a long time...your explanation isn't quite good enough for me though Rox :wink:
So...can you explain the whole points thing and wahtever too? Ok, nm, tell me another time.

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Lemme try.

Remember those weird virtual pets people had on key chains or something like that? I think they were called Gigapets or something like that. You had to train and take care of them.

Somewhere about 3 years ago, someone decided to create a virtual world for pets. They don't look as stupid as gigapets (that I remember) but they've simply gone way too far. I mean that in a positive sense. You can buy food and toys for your pets, build a house, battle other neopets, paint your neopets different colors and styles, etc. You simply can't keep up with all the changes.

But here's the important thing. You pay for everything in Neopia with neopoints. You get those by playing games; the score you get translates into neopoints, depending on the difficulty of the game and other factors. You can also sell stuff you acquire or play the Neopian stock market.

One more thing. Unlike gigapets and all it's inceptions, you don't have to clean up your neopets doo-doo and your neopet can't be killed. I've tried. So if you get disinterested and come back six months later, no big loss. Your pet will be awfully hungry but no hungrier than if you left him for a week. (He'll even say he's dying, but it's not true)

Joe

Reaction score
originally created for bored college students (by two bored college students in the UK) NeoPets has gotten so large that they've started selling a line of Merchandise in Limited Too(US), Claire's(US, UK, and Canada) and Isetan Stores(Singapore) and are expanding to independant game/hobby shops next year. 99dogs.com has NeoPets t-shirts available in many different styles, ThinkWay has a line of Interactive NeoPets coming out this month at major retailers, and Viacom Consumer Products have also licensed NeoPets and will be coming out with video games and books within the next year.

yes, I know waay too much about NeoPets, but that's a good thing :wink:

Joe

wockawocka

Reaction score
I have one quick question, not to be rude or anything, but why are we still explaning neopets?