Kermit and Miss Piggy at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In honor of the new Kermit balloon, Miss Piggy and Kermit will be at the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade.

Here's their official site. Be sure to visit the virtual tour...

http://www.macysparade.com/

Check local listings for times in your area...

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

Let us know what you think of Kermit and Miss Piggy's appearance!

murgatoad

Reaction score
Saw it. An embarrassment. Looks like someone at Henson took the People blurb a tad too seriously. Kermit making the oh-so-funny fat jokes. Piggy came off far better because ol' Al enjoyed snuggling with her.

Whatever. *shrug*

BoomShaKaLaKa

Reaction score
Saw it too. Nothing embarrassing about it. It was funny, and Kermit and Piggy both seemed very much in character. Al looked like he enjoyed playing with them.

Eric's doing a good job with Piggy. From the Today show appearance and now this one, it looks as though he's becoming more comfortable with her character.

Can't wait for the Very Merry Muppet Christmas.

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by BoomShaKaLaKa
Saw it too. Nothing embarrassing about it. It was funny, and Kermit and Piggy both seemed very much in character. Al looked like he enjoyed playing with them.

Eric's doing a good job with Piggy. From the Today show appearance and now this one, it looks as though he's becoming more comfortable with her character.

Can't wait for the Very Merry Muppet Christmas.
Well, it helps not to be too fussy, I suppose. :wink:

As for Eric, I've read two reviews of the special that disagree with your assessment of his performance. *shrug*

Ryan

Reaction score
I dunno. I thought it was pretty good. However, I will agree that Piggy is more fussy than ever, but it was still good. Also, hearing Piffy say "frig*in' cold" was pretty funny.. hee hee. :wink:

murgatoad

Reaction score
Originally posted by Scooter
I dunno. I thought it was pretty good. However, I will agree that Piggy is more fussy than ever, but it was still good. Also, hearing Piffy say "frig*in' cold" was pretty funny.. hee hee. :wink:
By "fussy", I was referring to Boomie, not Piggy.

Sorry I missed Piggy's swear word. Yes, the Muppets HAVE hit a new high.

That was sarcasm, by the way.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I thought Kermit and Piggy would actually be in the parade in a car or something... oh well... when I was there the crowd was chanting "Kermit, Kermit!" as the balloon passed as they did with some of the other balloons, but not all of them, and he seemed to get the most chants.

C'irdan

Reaction score
great parade

That was a great morning! It started out with 3 commercials for the new movie, two muppet mastercard commercials, and lots of muppety goodness! The Sesame Street float and Big Bird balloon were fantastic! I loved hearing and seeing all my favorite people and puppets together! The Kermit and Piggy appearance was good too, Steve's got the voice SMACK down on it!!!! Piggy's voice was a little off, but she seemed very in character and she did do a kissy kissy which hasn't been said in a while! The kermit balloon was by far the best there (well I am pretty biased but still) and I loved the hairspray number too! I still can't figure out why people always start anything involving the muppets as "It's not easy being green" and thinking it's original...seriously look at half the articles here! :smile: The movie looks fantastic and did anyone else see that Fozzie was all green and dressed up as the grinch? He had a little wispy thing on his head and angry eyebrows and his fur was green! It'll be great. :smile: Very very cool!!!!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm stoked and the appearance was great, but too brief. I feel the Muppets have been pasteurized in recent years, but with each appearance it is clear that they are back in true Muppet form!

Ryan

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the Chicago TARGET Parade? There was another Kermit balloon there, who was standing. It can be seen on Tough Pigs. Also, the Philadelpia Parade had a big Elmo and Dorothy Balloon.:big_grin: