Muppet Master Replicas in Australia

goodrastus

Reaction score
Hi all,

I remember discussing this when Kermit first came out but couldn't find the old thread after trawling for a while. I just missed out on Kermit on eBay a while back and would like to know if any Aussies have the replicas and how they got them. I've enquired about postage with a couple of US sellers on eBay and the general consensus is that he would be difficult to get through customs.

I've got a lot of smaller muppet stuff from overseas, like the Palisades collection, but haven't got Kermit yet. Is there a way? Are there retailers in Australia? And if so, will it cost me a small fortune considering they are the "middle man". If anyone can help it would be most appreciated. Especially in long anticipation for Fozzie as he will be even bigger!

Thanks

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I got mine from an ebay seller but I think for quickness I might have done it off ebay because it was just before christmas. The seller I got it off I know of about 3 kermits that were bought off him and went to Australia and he says there are more so he is a safe bet. He says there shouldn't be a problem with the animal being too big to send, even though its bigger than kermit.

I have had many problems with other sellers on ebay trying to get the kermit, I even arranged the postage cost with one seller and bought the item and then he went to post the item and he found out he couldn't send it for some reason, it was $200 more. so he gave me a full refund and I got the other kermit a few weeks later.

I'm not sure how easy kermit will be at getting now, I think some small movie model and action figure shops did get the kermit in but that would be the more expensive way i think.

I will put you onto the ebay seller through a private message and you can contact him and ask if he can still get it for you. He may not be able to though, because I think they came in cases of 3 and i don't know if he is still selling these.

Zaco

Reaction score
I bought mine from the Master Replicas site. I think her was around $400 Australian dollars in total. The Shipping is US$80 + Kermit for US$199 so chuck that through an on-line currency converter and see what it gives you. I got my Kermit when he first came out in 2006 and he was shipped to Melbourne via DHL. I've pre-ordered Animal - postage is the same cost as kermit was. I'm sure Fozzie will be a little more pricey to ship though :smirk:

Hope this helps. :wink: