The Blues Brothers

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I thought I'd make a thread about this, since it's my favorite movie. what are your favorite scenes from the movie?

and for those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's what you're missing

John Belushi and Dan Akroyd are Jake and Elwood Blues, 2 brothers on a mission from god to save an orphanage by playing music. Along the way they get into some hilarious car crashes (including driving through a mall) With musical numbers including James Brown, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Cab Calloway, and John Lee Hooker.

and for the muppet fans (aka all of us) Frank Oz is in the movie as a cop

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
James Brown is my favorite part of the movie. Forever and always.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The part where they drive through the mall is one of the greatest moments in cinema history. No kidding. Right up there with the Daffy/Donald dueling pianos in Roger Rabbit.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love that movie! Saw part of it just the other day. I love the Part after Aretha stops singing and everybody goes bake to as they we're before they did the number, LOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anyone is a fan of the Blues Brothers, here' a Japanese show I suggest.

http://www.ndbrotherstv.com/

Of course, the show is pretty adult, TVMA I think, so I don't recomend it to younger viewers.

Andy

Reaction score
This is a very funny movie. I love how the SWAT team keeps repeating "HUT!" during the final chases. My favorite musical moment is Ray Charles' cameo.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I love the scene where they're in the bar and start singing Rawhide. That is so funny since it's so not their kinda song. John Belushi is especially great to watch in that scene. Classic.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Blues Brothers is a classic! It's one of those films I can watch over and over and not get tired. I actually prefer the extended cut that's included on the DVD over the theatrical cut (which is also included). It adds about 14 extra minutes, but doesn't seem like padding. John Landis is one of my favorite directors, and this one is definitely one of his top 5 greatest movies.

Too many classic moments to mention, but a particular favorite is the tunnel scene with Carrie Fisher, and Belushi pleading for his life.

As for Blues Brothers 2000...well, the less said about that one the better. Although it had great music.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
yeah, the sequel was a crappy movie with great music

also, with the extended cut of the original, there's a scene with Elwood without his sunglasses, we never saw that in the original