Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
An OK episode... But just like yesterday there was no Elmo's World, there was no bedtime story at the end of today's show.

Episode 4138:Lucy the Lazy Lizard.
Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "lazy".
Street Story.
Animation Song: "In My Animal Books".
Word on the Street" Celebrity explanation of "lazy", some actor from Law & Order.
Song: "There's So Many Ways To Go".
Animation: L Animals strolling in the park.
Muppets: Song: "The Sound Of The Letter L" by the All-Monster Chorus and a guy named Murray.
Jane Tuesday: Letter L Mystery.
Muppets: Song: "In My Book", Bert and Ernie version.
Wegmen Dogs: Jack Sprat.
Muppets: Meal or No Meal.
Healthy Food: Carrot Song.
The Count's Counting Organ: 14.
Film/Song: Kids looking for a number 14 in the city.
Animation: Traction Jackson shoots 14 baskets at the basketball hoop.
Muppets: Song: "Be An Original" by Kingston Livingston III.
Film: Kids present things they like to do, all related with the arts.
Spanish Word of the Day: "Escuela" with Professor Grover.
Song: "Get Up".
Elmo'S World: School.
Abby Cadaby presents the episode's sponsors.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Episode 4138: Lucy the Lazy Lizard

Storyline:
It was cute in a way but i really thought it was going to go through out the whole show like yesterday but it was still cute and enjoyed it.

Game Show Parody:
Funnest thing i saw today. Cookie was funny at the end. Enjoyed everybit of it. That puppet looked just like "Howie Mandel."

But that's all i can say.

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I think the new season has been super so far. I'm even getting used to the new theme music. The street scenes have been good, no Elmo's World yesterday is promising and the parodies have been very funny. Plus, Kingston Livingston was on today! Nice!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it just me? But is this the shortest street segment we've had in a while? It was less than 10 minutes. Not that there was much milage out of it. I did like the tiny musical reference to "I Love Lucy" at the end of the skit.

I wonder when they're going to retire the Jane TUesday thing. Not so much her, but that hyper active Crayon Shin Chan wanna be of a little brother of hers annoys me. I know it was a rerun, but this girl has to be 10 by now.

Anyway, I guess the TV parodies work well if you don't like the shows... Greys anatomy, CSI, Dancing with the Stars, Deal or No Deal..... I can't stand any one of them. I love Howie Mandel, but DOND is hazardous to watch. So I loved every minute of the parody. Especially the small hints towards Howies OCD disorder, like not liking being touched.

Other than that, well... rerun or not we finally got an Ernie and Bert segment. I've finally seen enough Muppets in the show to fill me. The last 3 have been lacking in Muppitude.

I will say, yesterday was the only time I've seen that little of Elmo on the show. only one old segment. WOW. Today we got Elmo's world back (not too happy, but it was inevitable), and a story segment. So it's pretty much back to normal on SS.....

Abby's ending was not as much fun as the new Slimey Story Time segments, but still cute. Nice to see she's becoming a defective character, but still endearing for the little kids.

Defective Character: A character who isn't as effective as they say they are... I.E. Inspector Gadget, Darkwing Duck.... Muppet examples include Sherlock Hemlock and Amazing Mumford.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I finally saw the opening today, and it was great. Meal or No Meal was also a funny sketch. I hope that gets a DVD release soon. My local PBS station started messing up before the show ended.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I really glad that we finally got to hear the new closing daytime exiting music today! It was like they used Abby as a reason to play it because they have the new nighttime music with Oscar and slimey now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Boy, you know something? I honestly thought today's nine-minute storyline was a bit of a lack-luster. I mean Maria reads a book to Elmo for the 11th time, then Elmo goes and worms his way into reading the book with Telly, who's busy playing with his train set. That's it. That's all! I got up early this morning just for THAT? ! Gee whiz!

I did, however, enjoy the "Meal or No Meal" bit! Hey, is it just me, or did it sound like the host was actually played by Dave Goelz? He sounded kind of like Bunsen, didn't he? I thought so. It's possible isn't it? I mean, he DID play the Humongous Chicken in The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland, plus it's been said here that he did another performances on the show shortly after Jim's death.

Oh, and hey... what happened to Abby Cadabby? I thought she was SUPPOSED to be in EVERY EPISODE THIS SEASON... well, where was she? Did I miss something?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Abby was at the very end giving the letter and number sponsors. And she forgot what they we're.

I could tell, But the host of "Meal sounded a little like Marty to me. But that would be cooler then anything if that we're in fact Dave!

Loved Maria's enthusiasm after reading the book ten times and I love how the toast popped out at her at the beginning, too! LOL!:zany:

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I got to see part of today show and I must admit I LOVED that meal or no Meal bit. :smile:

Great also to see :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: even if it was an old skit from a previous season.

I must admit I thought it was a bit too soon to see Abby Cadabby do the ending credits.

I mean I usual thought that the new characters would have to wait a while to really get into the show before doing the ending credits on their own.

So I must say I was kind of shocked to see this occur within the first three shows of the new season.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well in her defence, she was having a little trouble at remembering the sponsors.:stick_out_tongue: