Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um... In that post where I explained the airing pattern, it was meant more of a model example rather than exact noting for this particular season. Besides, I also said that the inverse of the one you're quoting happens, the one which Season 38 is following (Model B in my previous post).
Hope this helps clarify matters.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, I get it. Thanks, Count. Anyway, today is the last time I'll see a new ep before my job begins, so unless I catch any shows on weekends or on days that I don't need to work, I might not post in this thread for a while. First of all, as for what I think of this season so far. A bit disappointing compared to the past few seasons. They really needed less of Elmo and Abby and more Big Bird. But it did have it's moments, specifically with "The Meal or no Meal" segment and the multiple part ep about the word 'dog.' Overall, nothing really exciting happened so far, I'm hoping they'll improve on that. Anyway, now for my comments on todays ep.

I'll start with the inserts. I liked that they played "Imagine That." I consider that to be one of the best scene with Ernie sans Bert. The scene with Abby was actually good. I should have guessed from the beginning that the pumpkin character was supposed to be Horatio. I didn't recognize the voice right away. I guess I'll have to listen better next time. Lol. I think that the highlight of the episode was that there was a new 'Number of the Day' segment. We need some of those rather than the Count at his organ all the time. I think that was Grover at his best. I was wondering at first how he figured that Chris has picked the number '8,' but I knew there was a trick to that. After all Grover is no Mumford. I like that Mumford was referenced in that segment though. Maybe it's a sign he'll be back in an episode or two. I could see Mumford and Abby working together. That would create a lot of possibilities for things to happen or to go wrong whatever the case may be.

As for the street story, I guess that they recycled the first part from that "Elmo's Tricycle" song which debuted a few years ago. It made sense actually since Big Bird was at his nest at the beginning there. But later when he went to talk to Elmo, he came in from the other side of the screen. I guess that would have had to take place at a different time. It was pretty strange that Big Bird wouldn't realize that he would break the tricycle if he sat on it. I'd expect Elmo not to figure that out, but considering that Big Bird is supposed to be older and wiser, you'd think he'd think before taking that risk. But I guess the show wouldn't have much of a plot if it worked out that way.

Gordon: You guys are lucky because we have a great 'Fix-it-Shop' here.

Lol. Doesn't he think they're aware of that? That was a bit condescending of him.

The rest of the plot, I thought was a bit too Barney-like with the characters imagining everything. I was thinking they'd maybe get some Honkers and Dingers involved for the horn and the bell. Also, how could Maria possibly have fixed the lady's toaster and Elmo's tricycle that fast? Maybe I should rely on her next time my car breaks down. Lol.

CookieCountDawn

Reaction score
The things I liked about today's episode (4141) was the word of the day which was 'tricycle'. The story was okay.. I didn't really like it. I liked Alec Baldwin talking about the word 'tricycle'. The Letter of the Day with Cookie Monster was R... even though it was a repeat, it was still good. I liked that "Imagine That" with Ernie was used in this episode too. And Grover doing the Number of the Day with a number 8 card trick. It was funny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Seemed like a rehash of a previous storyline. Oh well,here's the rundown.

Episode 4141: Big Bird sits on Elmo's Tricycle.
Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "tricycle".
Street Story.
Animation Song: "In My Head" by Suzie Kabloozy.
Word on the Street Explanation: Celebrity: Tricycle.
Film: Kid learns how to ride a bicycle.
Letter of the Day: R, R Song sung by Cookie Monster.
Animation Song: Pirate's R Song.
Animation: R, r.
Muppets: Song: "Imagine That" by Ernie.
Film: Kid pretends she can fly.
Muppets: Song: "Furry Happy Monsters" by Michael Stife and Kate Pierson Muppet.
Animation: The Story of Artist Tommy Degas.
Muppets: Abby Cadaby practices her pumpkin trick, teaching about rhyming.
"I am Elephant, hear me trumpet!"
Film: Do you see an elephant? voiced by Sonia Manzano and kids.
Muppets: The Great Grover and Chris pick 8-cards.
How did Grover finally turn himself into an 8?
Song: Hip-hop song about the number 8.
Insert: Kids dance in an eight-square grid.
Song: "It's A Long Hard Road".
Elmo's World: Bicycles.
Trash Gordon: Chapter 642: Planet Vacation.

wiley207

Reaction score
It was nice to see Big Bird heavily involved with the street story. And I loved seeing "Imagine That" again!

But I noticed something... is it just me, or is the Fix-It Shop being featured more than ever? It could be because it was temporarily the Mail-It Shop from 2002 to 2005.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ironically, back when I heard that Jerry Nelson would be semi-retiring, and when it was rumored that he'd only continue performing The Count (before it was revealed that he was just retiring from the Muppets, and not from his Sesame Street Muppets), I thought that Martin Robinson would probably be a good performer for Fat Blue, and in episode 4140 he had the exact voice that I thought Robinson could do for him (it may be a bit rough, but at least the attitude's right).

somethingofafan

Reaction score
As for the street story, I guess that they recycled the first part from that "Elmo's Tricycle" song which debuted a few years ago.
Definitely recycled. The differences in the setting were almost jarring. Big Bird's doors, Gina's office door, the stairs above Gina's office...quite obvious. At least I didn't notice any differences in Maria's wardrobe.

And I agree that Grover's card trick ranks with some of his best stuff.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Dang it I missed this shows. :frown:

Man and it sound real exciting too. :frown:

Oh well there is always the reruns. :frown:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... Does anybody have the video of Meal or No Meal? Has it been posted on youtube yet? Just askin', thanks for your help.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yesterday's new episode was a good one, especially since the story involved Big Bird!