Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, exactly. I thought it would have SOME educational value to it... I mean, like you said, they could ask their parents what "stereotype" means, then they'd learn, and ergo, somewhat educational value.

Plus, there are still quite a few little kids out there who still believe that monsters are huge, nasty, scary creatures that hide under their beds, and in their closets; so, I thought that might have been a nice little message for my monster to talk about.

Another thing that I managed to slip in, that they didn't like was one time we got into the subject of footware (I think, I can't remember now since it was on-the-spot, live TV), and my monster was talking about the fur on his feet are like socks, and since his feet are always covered, he won't have to worry about getting foot-fungus. Well after that, they were telling me that they thought that last little bit was just plain gross, but I told them that it's actually an educational fact: wearing clean socks everyday helps prevent you catching foot-fungus.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Lol, well yeah probably a little gross, but kids like that kind of humor! lol And yes educational too. I mean suppose a kid has a similar health problem at some point?

It can be frustrating when you're trying to do a good thing and people prevent you. Maybe someday you'll get another opportunity to try and get the monster message across. It is an important one.

I never thought it was odd that so many of the SS characters were monsters. They had a little edge (which is cool actually), but were clearly friendly. I guess that's a testament to how good Sesame Street can be. The fact that it never seemed strange. And you know, I was never all that scared of monsters in my room. :smile: (However, I was terrified of that weird looking bird guy from a Sesame Street cartoon!)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good episode. Bit disappointed they didn't air the song where Luis and María are at the museum, the parody of "Let's Call The Whole Thing Off".
Here's the rundown.

Episode 4143:Sleeping Grouchy.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "ticklish".
Street Story.
*Thumbs up to the reference of Rip Van Winkle.
Song: "Happiness".
Celebrity: Howie Mandell explains "ticklish".
Muppet-Kid Moment with Grover and a girl about tickling, (Frank's voice).
Animation: Song: "Flower Dance".
Wegmen's Dogs: Professor Chonda's Late.
Muppets: Song: "That's The Way I Read" by Zoe, Telly, and an Prairie Dawn.
Animation: Jill picks a daffodill.
Muppets: Spanish Word of the Day: Song: "I Love Every Part Of You" by Rosita and Gina with Marco.
Animation: Kid keeps growing bigger and bigger.
Letter of the Day: U, the letter U gets sent up into space, (Frank's voice again).
Song: "My Friend U".
Film: What begins with U and protects you from the rain?
Muppets: Scramalot.
Animation Song: "A Circle Named Dan".
The Count's Counting Organ: 20, the 20 arrives with a space landing theme.
Film/Song: "Counting 20 Fish by 5's".
Film/Song: A child finds the number 20 on the city streets, backed by a rap.
Muppets: Song: "Everything's Coming Up Noses" with Harvey Firestein.
Animation: Parts of a Face.
Elmo's World: Noses, New.
Dorothy's Question: How do you smell a flower? Mr. Noodle gets squirted by a water lily.
Kids and baby show Elmo how to smell a flower.
Elmo's Question: How many noses are there in the Tournament of Noses Parade?
(Parody reference to the Tournament of Roses held each year in Pasadena, California, USA).
Drawer: What has a nose? Cameo appearance by Oscar.
Email: The Two-Headed Monster demonstrates noses.
Film: Child tries to find an animal with one nostril with the animals on her farm, and help from her mom on the computer.
TV: The Nose Channel: Nola Schnozola. Added Parody References: Andy Smeller, Baby's Irish Nose.
Guest: The Nose.
Song: "Right In The Middle Of Your Face".
Tickle-Me Land: The story of Pinocchio.
Abby Cadaby presents the sponsors with forgetful memorizing rhymes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just want to point out... Elmo's World? The Return of Cyranose DeBurgerac. It was brief, it was short, but he is back.

That said, pretty funny episode here. Sleeping Grouchy starring Grundgetta. A character I hope they bring back for the long haul, not just a 2 season deal.... cough cough Mumford! Another reference to Elmo Tickling (which came first, Ticklish Elmo or the doll?) And Chip and Dip. Are they trying to bring them back as well?

But Gordon married to Maria? Hmmmmmm. I know they were probably the only 2 humans available that day, but still....
Howie talking about being ticklish? I thought he hated being touched.

Cute bit with Marco....

uh...

reruns of stuff.... Scramalot. Loved it again.

Uh....

Elmo's world. Well, other than Cyranose returning for a cameo, we have the first new 2Headed monster bit since they discontinued JTE.

And 2 comic legends are muppetized.... Jimmy Durante as Da nose and a Groucho Marx Muppet. The true king of comedy.

travellingpat

Reaction score
That was the episode i was at the taping for.....it was a good episode.....i really enjoyed scramalot and meal or no meal

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm a little undecided about today's new episode...

I mean, it was good, but it wasn't great.

It was great, however, hearing, and seeing Frank's Grover again (even if that particular sketch looks like it was shot two years ago).

And what happened to Abby? I thought she was supposed to be in every episode this season? Well, I didn't see her today.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah Snowthergeist. If you don't see Abby anywhere else during the show, odds are she'll pop up at the end to announce the sponsors. Hope this helps.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well that's kind of misleading, especially when a lot of people (including me) change the channel once Elmo's World starts.