Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 38

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Oh, darn. I was hoping they made something new with BB. Oh, well. It's still good to get him in an ep either way.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Well Wha'd'ya Know?

Yeah... The subway entrance's always been there off to the side from the Fix-It-Shop, go to Muppet Wiki and search for it.
I did just that--Muppet Wiki says the subway entrance was there in seasons 25-9. I'm glad to see its use in the Alphabet Race episode was a return to continuity and not just another made-it-up-cause-it-was-useful-today thing.

Thanks, Count and somethingofafan. I feel better now.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well, it first appeard in season 25 and was there untill season 29, but it reapearred behind the Fix-It-Shop in season 32 and has been there ever since.

Just checked the schedule and the only new episodes next week are on Monday and Friday.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You're right, No, I'm not sure. It's Tuesday and Friday and sorry for the mistake. I got it confused with next Monday's episode.

abiraniriba

Reaction score
Amazing

I saw the Amazing Alphabet Race ep of Sesame Street today. That's the 3rd new ep I've seen this season PBS her in NYC is bringing them out verrrrrry slowwwwwly notasfastasIwouldlikethem. Just thought I pay a short homage to the old Elmo's World short that was part of the show.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I checked the listings and noticed that there was a new episode airing this Tuesday.

wiley207

Reaction score
I must admit while I enjoyed the three little pigs concept in Episode 4145, I thought the whole "Rock Paper Scissors shoot" running gag was a little annoying. It always went like:
"RockpaperscissorsSHOOT! Paper, paper. TIEEEEEEEEEEE!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Another good episode... And there are a couple of inserts that I suspect will make some people here happy.

Here's the rundown.
Episode 4155:Ralphie leaves Baby Bear.
Cold Opening: Word on the Street: Murray Monster asks about "expert".
Street Story.
*Matt Vogil voiced Big Bird in the street story's beginning.
Film: Brother John.
Celebrity: Word on the Street Explanation: "Expert".
Song: "Hey Baby, You're So Smart", sung by Hoots offscreen.
Letter of the Day: H, Cookie Monster hides the H cookie in his tummy.
Animation: Song: "Soul H".
Film: Kids floating in space form an H.
Animation: The story of Ananci: Compromise between the monkey and babboon.
Muppets: Bert teaches Bernice to play checkers to Ernie's astonishment.
Muppets: Song: "Words" by Abby Cadaby.
Animation/Film/Song: "Love", just repeating the word over and over, but it has a B-52's-ish feel to the segment.
Muppets: Song: "I'm Talkin' Love" by Trisha Yearwood, Herry, Baby Bear, and Grover.
Number of the Day: 3, using the redone jack-in-the-box animated intros.
Animation: Suzy Kabloozy: Judge Says: 3.
Film: A child finds the number 3 on the city streets, backed by a rap.
Muppets: Annie Get Your Gumbo.
Animation: "Song: "Here's Another..." with horseshoes and horses.
Elmo's World: Pets.
*Cameo by Barkley with Mr. Noodle's Brother, Mr. Noodle.
Bedtime Insert: The Adventures of Trash Gordon: Planet Upsy-Daisy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Was the Trisha Yearwood thing new? it's been years since we had a new Herry segment. Not a fan of celebrities singing their own songs or anything like that, but it was great, just great to see Herry again.

Anyway, I would say the opening segment was bland, but then Ralph the parrot got to say Bourgeoisie on a kid's show, so that's a million points in my book.

Now I also loved how they used that old Ernie and Bert segment as well. An old joke, but still a classic moment.

Dinner theater is pretty entertaining and all. I realy like how they reuse the same family, as it represents REAL dinner theater of having the same cast of actors rotate over and over. I guess that's a subtile thing no one really noticed. Other than that...

The "Hip hop beat on the city street" is one of the WORST new segments in years.... right up their with the veggy/fruit dance, and the Da Letter Y thing I used to complain about all the time. Really bad letter and number segments, as usual. (except for Soul H! I love that James Brown torn paper animation).

And that random Love Shack parody in there, where they just say the word "Love" over and over was odd to put in.