Your Thoughts: Kermit's World Tour

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
There is a tiny, tiny hole in the back end of the museum Kermit that a rod goes into from the log he sits on. There wasn't any other entry for that Kermit as a puppet. I think it was an actual company poser, and could have been used in a poster or calendar, or even on the cover of the Rainbow Connection sheet music. But, unless that little hole in the back was used to plug in some wires, I don't see this having been used in the movie. Even the banjo is different, although where the strings connect there was a "K" which made it superbly awesome and I want one of those now, too!

pepperwink

Reaction score
Wow Fozzie! The photos are just AMAZING! I don't see how you were able to get those without becoming a blubbering idiot. I'm glad no one was with me when I saw them because I had to get out the tissues. You should warn people about that. (LOL) It was truly one of the most touching things I've ever seen of the Muppets. You should send them to Jim Henson Productions.

pepperwink

Reaction score
Do you think that perhaps it was used in some of the establishing shots or as a stand-in for quick shots?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thank you for liking the pictures. Yeah, I got weepy after we did the shots and looked at them. Did you see both versions of the image in the video montage from the Leland trip?

I really don't know. I'm not too convinced it was in the actual film, but it is a beautiful piece regardless. I think it may have even been special made for the museum? I don't know.

pepperwink

Reaction score
What I was most impressed about the photos was that they did not look like a picture of a "doll." You really captured the spirit of Kermit. He looked alive in all of the photos.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
You're a fantastic person for noticing that! We wanted him to be alive in the photos. It was important to us to have him look like Kermit and not a facsimile. I appreciate the comments people have made so far about our pictures from his Memphis visit. Hopefully, when time comes to vote at the end of the tour, we'll be remembered.

shimauta

Reaction score
Kermit's World Tour looks way cool. I wish that I had one, I would love to show him around Japan!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
That would be awesome to see him in Japan! I took him to the red bridge in the Japanese garden section of the Memphis Botanic Gardens. That was neat.

But, yeah, over seas would be great.

scarecroe

Reaction score
The August 2007 link for this event no longer works and can't be found on archive.org.

Is this archived anywhere else?