Master Replicas Kermit The Frog Dissected

muppetperson

Reaction score
People like to have "taxedermied" muppets because people like myself, enjoy them that much, that we want to have a constant reminder of them, without having to turn on the TV or going to the Movies to only see them.That is what merchandising is all about-to have your own version of them to display to look at and recall their antics.It is a buzz to think you have someone famous in your house!

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
with out the animous that is the performer, they are just dead things on your walls and shelf

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
That's the beauty of the poseable replica. You can bend and mould the character into something that looks real. They almost look alive alive if you pose them right.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I'm sorry to knock an otherwise talented performer like Steve Whitmire, but I think the Kermit voice on the DVD menus of the Season 2 Muppet Show set is terrible. Looking at my posed Kermit gives me more pleasure than listening to that.

:stick_out_tongue:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
That's one of the problems when you mix the modern day Muppets with the classic 70s Muppets. Steve does an amazing job but you can really tell the difference when you hear his and Jim's Kermits one after the other.

Bear Man

Reaction score
Still Think the replicas were a Bad idea,

why would you want a Taxedermied Kermit,Fozzie,Animal, etc.etc,
the characters belong on the screen were they live and breath , not collecting dust on shelf in a bedroom, or living room,
For exactly the same reason that people want any other form of merchandising (be it action figures, stuffed toys, diecast cars, high-end replicas, photos, posters, whatever...) from any property, be it Muppets or something else - to be reminded of something that they enjoy, to be able to interact with it in a physical way not possible from watching it on screen, or simply because "it looks cool".

I can understand why you might have concerns over unlicensed reproductions being made from these replicas (especially as you have personally devoted many hours of your working life to creating and maintaining them) but I honestly can't understand why you would object to them because they don't have a performer bringing them to life.

Phantom

Reaction score
After all of this, I'm getting rid of all of my family photos.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
not even a close compariosn, it more like having your pet dog or cat stuffed and mounted after they pass on, unless of course thats whay you do to family members as well
LOL

spcglider

Reaction score
not even a close compariosn, it more like having your pet dog or cat stuffed and mounted after they pass on, unless of course thats whay you do to family members as well
LOL
Okay...time to diverge for a moment and tell a couple creepy stories.

First, Roy Rogers DID have Trigger and Buttercup and his dogs taxidermied after they died.

Kinda gross.

Second, there was a man in Anoka, Minnesota who had is WIFE taxidermied after she died. he kept her in a case out in the yard facing the kitchen window so he could wake up in the morning and have coffee and look out into the yard and see her every day.

REALLY gross.

So, when Steve Whitmire dies, we should stuff him and auction him off. Then people can display him with their dead, stuffed Kermit.

-Gordon