Return to Labyrinth: Volume 2

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The crap continues... :smirk:
Hey, that would be a good title for a follow-up to any kind of manga (or anime cartoon, or reality show). I can see t now: Return to Labyrinth 2: The Crap Continues.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Hehe! Toby has a haircut like Jareth now! Other than the hair, the cover is gorgeous. Why couldn't those in charge have hired a better writer and artist? Many of us on this board could have written a story that was more true to the Labyrinth world and illustrated as well.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I don't mind the story. The story is good. I'm not a big anime fan, so I can do without the art.

I'm looking forward to my book, but most definitely looking forward to the Dark Crystal book.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
The style really isn't all the anime-ish. The cover is, but the comic itself is more independent American comic.

DTWolf

Reaction score
Please, please, gentle readers, do not look at the poor drawings in the Return to Labyrinth book and think anime and manga look like that. That's the reaction I fear most from RtL. You're entitled to like or dislike anime and manga as you wish, but please don't believe that the stuff drawn for RtL vol. 1 is any kind of example of them.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I've seen different forms of Anime and Manga, and I'm just not really a big fan of it either way. I've been editing a comic book for 12 years that is loosely based on that art style, but Americanized--and it's some of the most beautiful work ever.

The one thing I have to give credit for, though, is the amount of detailed work and the smooth clear lines in Anime and Manga! The line work is beautiful!

Chocobear

Reaction score
Huh?

Okay. So ... how did Toby get back into the labyrinth? And why on earth did Jareth give up his throne? Seems to me he LIKED being in charge. And let's face it! He makes a much cooler king. :cool:

What's Toby going to do on the throne? Scream his head off? :stick_out_tongue: