What was your first Fraggle Rock episode?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
*shifting with guilt*

I'd been a very casual Fraggle fan when I was younger, but the one thing that I remember most about my watching of Fraggle Rock in my younger days was the animated series episode about the water. My baptism in the Fraggle fire was about 3 or 4 years ago, about the time "Where it All Began" was first a Wal-Mart exclusive! So I picked it up (the non-special edition one), promptly watched "Beginnings" and "Wembley and the Gorgs", and fell in love immediately! How funny!

BJ

King of Eight

Reaction score
Beginnings was my first. My parents rented the video for our brand new vcr back in '86 I do believe. I was about four years old, and I instantly fell in love with the show.

~Karen~

MJTaylor

Reaction score
The first episode I ever saw was The Preachification of Convincing John. This was the one where Mokey wanted everyone to stop eating Doozer towers because it took the Doozers so long to build then and got Convincing John to live up to his name and convince the Fraggles to do so. It didn't take long for Mokey to realize the terrible mistake she had made.

Fragglette

Reaction score
Fraggle Rock has actually been as much a part of my life and childhood as my parents were! But Doomsday Soup seems very early to me which is also my favorite Boober episode! I never watched them in order - my mom would tape them for me off of HBO and then, later, TNT, and I've still got all of the tapes!

SweetMayhem

Reaction score
I was born a few years after the show premiered, so I never saw them "live" so to speak. We had two official VHS tapes released by HBO home video. One came in a blue box and featured "Beginnings" the other in a pink box that featured "Scared Silly." I watched those two episodes over and over and over. We also had one other episode that my mom recorded off tv, Wembley's Wonderful Whoopie Water. I didn't like that one as much because it scared me when Gobo fell into the hole. I remember catching rogue episodes here and there on Disney channel, but mostly it was the cartoon version which always dissapointed me. I wanted to see "real" Fraggles!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, the series--following its leave from HBO--aired breifly on the Odsessy (now Hallmark) Channel and now airs on the UK Boomerang (unfortunately, the series left the U.S. TV networks following its stint on Odsessy).

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Was Odisy after Disney then? Because Disney's where I remember seeing most of them, although it was far from the first.

I don't know whether this is actually the way it happened or not, but even before watching any episodes, I remember listening to the soundtrack. So I came to know and love all of those songs, even though I didn't know who sang them, or understand what some of them were about! I still have my original cassette and listen to it occasionally, and those particular songs will always have special meaning to me.
:smile: My first episodes were years before we had cable, which we didn't get until the '90's. My mom and I would walk down to one of the two local vidio rental places, (both were eventually taken over by Blockbuster), and pick out one of the vidios. I have a few scattered memories of individual moments from that era: when Gobo was talking to the "hairy monster" and Junior finding Mokey trying to take Geraldine, (both of which frightened me), some vague memory of a character named Cantus, Etc.
Then much later, I remember watching many episodes on Disney, although appearently I didn't see them all, since I have no memory of seeing Mean Genie. Although my memories of that time are more complete, there are still quite a few gaps. The weirdest of which was when they showed Change of Adress. Now of course I know that it is Ned who needs to go to the desert for his health, but at the time, I could have sworn it was Doc who had to go to the seaside for his health. Strange...

So to shortly and sweetly answer the question, no, I do not remember my very first Fraggle Rock episode, lol!
:smirk:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Was Odisy after Disney then? Because Disney's where I remember seeing most of them, although it was far from the first.
Yes. Ironically, this was because the Odsessy and the now-ABC Family (owned by ABC/Disney) channels were originally combined together as the Family Channel way back when. Then, Disney's stock in ABC grew to the point where they basically took it over and branched out the three channels: ABC, Family Channel (FOX/ABC Family), and Odsessy (now Hallmark).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Mine was "The Garden Plot" I think.
I was late actually seeing the Fraggle Rock show, that is I always had the toys etc but I never saw the characters asthemselves until I think, PBS re-ran them when I was about twelve...
Anyway, the 'Dum dee dum, dummy for a son' song still stays with me to this day. When I first heard it again I nearly cried :smile: