Article asks, "Why no Dark Crystal figures?"

Laszlo

Reaction score
Jennifer Connelly all but pretends that film never happened. Even on an interview about her career she glossed over it and change the subject.
Really? She doesn't like the movie at all? Or is it just her performance?

Laszlo

Reaction score
Actually, I kinda liked the Goblin King figures. Almost got one. Eventually will. Creepy tight pants don't scare me!
Agreed. NECA's Jareth figures are pretty good!

cabbageheat

Reaction score
The Jareth figure actually was fairly good. Should not have mentioned it in my post above. but the "plush" approach is just horrible. Its just an injustice to the design of these films. I think sometimes they get wrapped up in "hey their just puppets" so plush/dolls seems an easy fit.

Uh. . . .no.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The Fizgig plush is cute, but not very accurate looking. It is one approach that I don't mind as long as we get other types of stuff. For some reason I think the Henson Company has been trying to drum-up money by passing out licenses to the highest bidder rather than the best company that will create products the average fan wants and can afford. It's good to see anything come out from these properties, and I know they can be a hard sell to companies and store owners - but making this high-priced exclusive stuff only serves to perpetuate the cycle and we get no figures. :sympathy:

I have faith they'll get it someday. Hey, I think Henson is getting it right with Fraggle Rock. Hope they get some figures soon. The rough Gobo protos from now-defunct Palisades were promising. Hope another company (or CMX) gets to do that kind of thing. :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Really? She [Jennifer Connelly] doesn't like the movie [Labyrinth] at all? Or is it just her performance?
Hmmm, well in every post-80s interview when Labyrinth is brought up, Connelly finds a way to gloss-over the experience or change the subject. Even in the most recent of interviews (one I believe was on A&E or AMC last year).

I don't know if it's that she was too young to remember, she's tired of answering questions of such an old project or she just didn't like her performance or film experience. Maybe she thinks it's a bad movie. I actually take it that she's odd. That I can get and it works in her favor. It also explains why she seemed almost unhappy when she won her Beautiful Mind Oscar. :confused:

I like her, and enjoy her performances. Just would be nice if they could get a Sarah likeness for the figures. :wink:

Laszlo

Reaction score
The Jareth figure actually was fairly good. Should not have mentioned it in my post above. but the "plush" approach is just horrible. Its just an injustice to the design of these films.
Completely agreed! I would never buy those CRAP plus Fizzgig or Sir Dydimus.
HORRIBLE ! :mad:

Cosmic Cow

Reaction score
No, there was no toy line!
There were only some small die cast figures, board games and such. But no toys/action figures.
But there were supposed to be. A side company of Hasbro, Aviva, had produced a line of 3 3/4" figures to be released. Jen, Kira, Aughra, Skeksis, Happy Pod Peasant and Slave Pod Peasant were to be carded each with accessory and pieces of the Dark Crystal that form the Crystal itself when combined. Three other larger figures were planned as well: The Land Strider, Mystic and Garthim were also planned but carded examples have never surfaced. The line was supposedly shelved due to the flims dark image...

More information with pictures can be seen here: http://www.habidabad.com/items_never_released.htm

I for one would LOVE figures from The Dark Crystal. I'm more of a toy/bust/statue collector myself and they'd be right up my alley. With NECA's success of the Labyrinth figure, I think they would do the DC line justice...

Laszlo

Reaction score
But there were supposed to be. A side company of Hasbro, Aviva, had produced a line of 3 3/4" figures to be released...
Who are you talking to? :smile:
I own both Jen and Kira.
But those are unreleased figures, so they don't count.