GUND's Full-body Sesame Street Puppets

SurfPark

Reaction score
I came across these puppets produced by GUND and thought the scale of them was pretty cool. Almost actual size!

Cookie Monster (27.5" tall)
Elmo (29.5" tall)
Grover (34" tall)
Ernie (29.5" tall)

They seem to retail about $50 each, but the site is sold out currently. I couldn't tell if these were old or new products via the store. On the listings it says "coming soon" but on the invidivual items pages it says "sold out".

I admit that these don't look extremely close to the professional puppets, but they are still cute.

Lab Rat

Reaction score
they also do oscar the grouch i have one it's a great likeness

zns

Reaction score
I bought Cookie Monster last December. Does anyone have photos of what :grouchy: and Count von Count?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I've been wanting to get Oscar, Cookie and Ernie just because i do a lot of Puppet Shows and would love to have them too for the show. But all i can find them at is Ebay. I don't use credit cards or have places here in TX. Oh well maybe i'll find them sometime later in life. Cool tho. I would really love to have them three and maybe the Count.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I have Ernie...very fun but more of a vent style puppet (though you can slide your hand up his shirt to get to the slot in his head. Very big and a huge hit with kids.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
My came from the store at the sesame street website btw

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Sesame Place has a website with better looking full body puppets... however, Gund allows the perfomer to work with the characters hands where as the puppets on SP's site does not.

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
$50 is the lowest price I've seen anywhere. They're usually around $80.
I played with the Elmo at the puppet theater in Mishawaka, IN and it is very nice. They have most of them in their puppet store. I have never seen a Count version of these so I am not sure if he really exists . . .

Kresblain

Reaction score
I have Ernie...very fun but more of a vent style puppet (though you can slide your hand up his shirt to get to the slot in his head. Very big and a huge hit with kids.
What was the difference again between standard and vent style puppets?

:confused: