Chicago Puppetry

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I'll be in Chicago in a few weeks and want to know if there is anyone, or anyplace I should check out when I'm there? :wink:
Tom

MGov

Reaction score
Sadly, not really no.

I guess you can go see "Felt" http://www.iochicago.net/s_felt.php at iO (used to e called "Improv Olympics" but they were told they couldn't use the word "olympic" anymore). I've seen it a few times and was underwhelmed by both the improv and the puppeteering. But it was free so what the heck. And if you go see that, stick around afterwards for the show iin the main room, "TJ and Dave". It's about the best improv I have ever seen.

One other warning: iO is by Wrigley Field so make sure the Cubs aren't playing a playoff game that night or don't even bother trying.

staceyrebecca

Reaction score
I'm sure if you google "puppet" and "chicago" you'll find something neat.

Also, are Josh and Tamara in NY or Chicago? Also an amazing improv duo who use puppets.

Also, if you can, jog on over to The Annoyance Theater for some more great improv.

Don't even get me started on improv, I help put on the festival out here in Phoenix....Just make sure you see some in Chicago. That's improv Mecca.

MGov

Reaction score
I'm sure if you google "puppet" and "chicago" you'll find something neat.
Sadly, no. You won't find anything neat. There's a tremendous dearth of quality puppetry in Chicago.

I'm trying to do something about that, though.

MGov

Reaction score
Remember what I said about making sure there wouldn't be a Cubs playoff game if you go see "Felt"?

Yeah, never mind that now.

100 # years!