Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Bean Bunny
Ken, I am graduating in May with a degree in Marketing and I was wondering if Palisades need any marketing or sales people?
We are not currently looking, but that should never stop you from putting together a kickin resume and sending it our way.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Hi Ken,

If your reading I just wanted to ask if the idea for a Kermzilla (not sure if that was the name given or one at all) from Muppets Tonight figure was possable? I would have thought the idea came up before, but i'm not sure. could it be done with the rights and all? Kermit did look a lot like Reptar from Rugrats. I guess it was a spoof off of a spoof. I could see it as an EX or show EX maybe a few mini building could come with him to knock down, or well this would be really streching it, but a tiny miss piggy figure about the size of beakers vanshing cream tube tp fit in kermzilla's hand.

Zack)Rowlf the, It's not offen kermit gets to play the bad guy:smile: :wink: Dog.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Zack, are you talking about the big old fire-breathing version of Kermit from MT? Ah, I remember that one well. The Dennis Quaid episode where Kermit donned a costume that made him look like a froggish dragon, since that's what he was. Froggo, from Froggonheart, a spoof of Quaid's movie with Sean Connery, DragonHeart. That was a good episode. Quaid kept breaking into different spoof-versions of the immortal classic rock and roll staple, "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis. A detail touch centered on another one of Quaid's movie roles in the biopick about Jerry Lee Lewis. And it ended with Clifford schlepping his way to the top of the TV studio where he started a rendition of the Drifters' "Up On The Roof" Hope that helps and have a good night.

matleo

Reaction score
well folks I've noticed as of late that this thread has moved WAY off the subject of "Ask Ken". And of course the main reason for this is wel...there an't too many spoiler left regarding the line. The only spoiler left are thngs we know Ken can't answer for various reason and that's fine. But I'd like to try and put this thread a bit more on topic. So Ken, sharpen your #2 and settle in buddy. Here we go......

1) How are you?

2) What's new?

3) So far who do you think is the best figure in Series 4?

4) Of the upcoming Muppet projects (PVCs, S4,5,6, Megas, PIS playset) which one are you most excited about? Why?

4) Who is your favorite character (not figure) in Series 6?

5) Bunsen, Crazy Harry, Scooter: which fig do you think turned out the best?

6) What's the nicest thing you could say about one of your co-workers?

7) Which of the PVC sets do you think will be best?

9) Actually this is a good one: When an we expect to see the PVC sets on shelf? I'm sure you've answered this before but we really haven't talked abotu the PVC sets as much as we should.

10) I'm planning on using my PVCs with the new Muppets Monopoly cause I've always hated the little silver game-pieces in the Monopoly games.. ok, that's not really a quesiton, but like I said we don't talk about the PVCs enough and I wanted to mention my distaste for the little silver pieces in the Monopoly games.

11) What's the nicest thing you could say about one of the Palisades lines (besides Muppets)?

12) A lot of people have made suggestions/wish lists/ requests for favorite figures, what one character would you most like to see get made?

13) Which figure in series 5 do you think will have the best accessories?

14) What foreign language did you study in high school?

15) If you had one playset to redo which would it be and what would you different?

16) What's then nicest thing you could say about any another toy company (any one) that's out there?

17) A lot of people have been making Muppet customs of there own, do you have any favorites that you've seen?

18) I know you spent some time going back and watching some of the old TMS and MT episodes. Are there any specific episodes/moments/ guets stars who stick out in your mind as being favorites?

19) Did you notice that I skipped question 8 earlier?

20) Have you enjoyed answering these questions?

21) Which question was the easiest to answer?

22) Which question was the hardest to answer?

23) Are you glad it's over now?

Thanks.

--Matt

bizarreblair

Reaction score
Ken, picked up the Swedish Kitchen/Chef on Friday. It is soooo great! Unbelievable, really! No problems, everything included in it really rocks. But I can't figure out what the little white "shelf-looking" thing is supposed to be. Could you tell us? Thanks a bunch!

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by bizarreblair
Ken, picked up the Swedish Kitchen/Chef on Friday. It is soooo great! Unbelievable, really! No problems, everything included in it really rocks. But I can't figure out what the little white "shelf-looking" thing is supposed to be. Could you tell us? Thanks a bunch!
That is an ice tray.

Matt...will have to get to yours later...way too early to think effectively.

Must........have......coffee.....

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by matleo
So Ken, sharpen your #2 and settle in buddy. Here we go......
*eek* Ken's being probed like he's Pamela Anderson on a morally questionable video tape ......... i feel violated on his behalf !

:eek:

So Ken, have you ever had a strange dream about Miss Piggy ?

It's ok to admit it ..... we all have at sometime or another, it's usually the image of 'Wonderpig' that finally breaks people.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Zack, are you talking about the big old fire-breathing version of Kermit from MT? Ah, I remember that one well. The Dennis Quaid episode where Kermit donned a costume that made him look like a froggish dragon, since that's what he was. Froggo, from Froggonheart, a spoof of Quaid's movie with Sean Connery, DragonHeart. That was a good episode. Quaid kept breaking into different spoof-versions of the immortal classic rock and roll staple, "Great Balls of Fire" by Jerry Lee Lewis. A detail touch centered on another one of Quaid's movie roles in the biopick about Jerry Lee Lewis. And it ended with Clifford schlepping his way to the top of the TV studio where he started a rendition of the Drifters' "Up On The Roof" Hope that helps and have a good night.

Hi Count, I'm not sure, i thought Kermit was protraying Godzilla, but that's all i can remember and then Kermit saying " It's not offen i get to play a bad guy" or something like that....I don't even know who Dennis Quaid is :embarrassed: I can't remember anything from this ep other then Kermit doing something like this. But thanks for that info!

Do you think it would make a good figure Ken?

Zack,

Squigiman

Reaction score
FLOYD HAT PROBLEM

Hey Ken,
Maybe you missed it, but I posted a query about a polarity-reversed magnet in Floyd's hat (allowing it to be only placed upon his head, upside down), and a possibility of replacement. Anyway I could arrange something, or do I need to talk to somebody else? Any help would be greatly appreciated to add this groovy dude to my collection, especially amongst the EM, of which I otherwise only have Dr. Teeth. Thanks a lot for all your help. Take care.

-Squigiman