Uncle Deadly backstage?

Jon

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I was wondering if UD appeared in any backstage scenes other than "Phantom plotline","consider yourself" and lurking near a dressing room door fleetingly in the Vincent price episode?

If so what did he say and do?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi... For as best a detailed list of Uncle Deadly's onscreen filmography during the Muppet Show's run, I'd recommend you go and search for the phantomly dragon at Muppet Wiki. They usually list a character's appearances, so I hope this helps.

Jon

Reaction score
Hi Count

Done the research at Wiki a` long time ago. No it's a backstage scene that takes place after a Melodrama - i think i must have missed this episode back in the day.

I'll have to be patient and wait for the next season (Three).

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
I'm not sure about this, but he was in a song with a whatnot Muppet, "The Sheik Of Araby". Maybe he was backstage after this....? :confused:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The appearance as part of "Consider Yourself" is from the Edgar Berghen episode from Season 2... So you should find his performance as the Shiek of Araby there too, from the Burnadette Peters episode. He was also in the showtune sing-along with Ethel Merman in Season 1. But as for the Muppet Melodrama sketches, those included him, Wayne, and Miss Piggy, found in Season 3 episodes. Search for Muppet Melodramas at the Wiki and you might find the specific episodes. Once you have those, check and see if some of the tape traders here on the boards have those episodes and can help you out.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I can't remember the specifics (it's been a while since I saw the episode), but after the Melodrama sketch on the Gilda Radner show, Uncle Deadly is karate chopped by Miss Piggy backstage for some reason...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah... That's because he takes the time to instruct Wayne (our hero""?) on proper dance step performance. Which gets them a karate chop from Piggy as they neglected to rescue her instead.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah... That's because he takes the time to instruct Wayne (our hero""?) on proper dance step performance. Which gets them a karate chop from Piggy as they neglected to rescue her instead.
LOL!:crazy:

Just the idea of Miss Piggy giving Uncle Deadly a karate chop is :zany: