Ask Ken at Palisades

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
What'd be the use in killing for it, Nate? Those things don't do you much good in prison!!

The figure looks great!!

Foreignman

Reaction score
Hey Ken,
I've got a totally un-Muppet related thing, it should really be on the Palisades boards, but they won't let me post there... Seriously, I registered as Foreignmaniac and my posting isn't allowed for some reason. So anyway, it's about an awesome lisence I think you guys should jump on. there's this website, Homestarrunner.com , which is, mind-blowingly hilarious. The popularity of the site is growing and growing but it's still at a place where the lisence is accessible. I believe that it's going to grow into bigger and better things and to jump on the band wagon now would be a fantastic lottery ticket so to speak. You should start out at Strong Bad's E-Mails and watch 5 or so, until I can almost guarantee, you'll be hooked. Then, explore the rest of the site, and I think you'll find these characters are just begging to be turned into Action Figures, Lunch Boxes, and plushes... What I wouldn't do for a "The Cheat" plush... So, check it out, I need these non-existent toys.

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
None. I talked the principal into believing that art was really a language in and of itself and that I should be allowed to study it more than, say, Spanish. So he made a special exemption for me and I took independent study classes in art and art history.
OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH :mad: :mad:

THAT IS SOOOOOO CHEATING!!!!!!!!

I had to take 2 years of freaking stupid Spanish that I forgot and I am WOEFULLY behind on art!! OOH man I bet my proncipal would have fallen for that one, too!! ****** why didn't you share that story 3 years ago?-oh wait yeah.

Good show, old boy!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Foreignman
So anyway, it's about an awesome lisence I think you guys should jump on. there's this website, Homestarrunner.com , which is, mind-blowingly hilarious
Nice site - i thought the cartoons weren't that funny but i was impressed by the website. They used sound in the flash menus and the load time wasn't all that bad, and that TV effect in the Toons section i'm planning to use for my own website. Cool, not that i think it'd be a strong license - it amazes me how these people make ANY money off web cartoons.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have taste in comedy...so to speak. I didn't laugh. They were cute, but not even so much as a smirk from me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Crazy Harry or Chris, since you're online now and the Palisades board seems to be temporarrily unavallable... (the misspellings are intentional and you know the reference if you're a MST3K fan.)
Thought I'd post this here for your benefit.

Here's the recipe for what could be the first in a new customized figure lineup.
1 Get yourself a female Lotus Warrior figure from McFarlayne's Spawn figure line. If this "female Lotus Warrior figure" is an aborration of mine, then get yourself a female figure whose facial fetures make her look like she's from the Orient, India preferably, lovely and yet deadly at the same time.
2 Paint the figure's entire upper body a sort of lightly burned orange brown color, including the face's skin with care not to damage her eyes nor her looks.
3 If the figure's wearing pants of a darkened color leave them alone. If not, then paint her pants a solid black and her feet/shoes the same lightly burned orange brown color as her naked upper body.
4 Take some sculpting material and mold a detailled brassier, but with single straps so as to place the piece over the figure's chest and arms yet retaining an easy removable aspect. Paint the outside cups of the bra a bright orange color, so as to make them look like the fruit, and the straps a darker orange.
5. Paint the figure's hair a darkened brownish-black. Take some more sculpting material and mold a miniature lotus blossom connected to a horizontal hoop just wide so as to fit over or around the figure's head. Once painted accordingly, glue the lotus blossom hoop around the figure's head just above her forehead.
6 If the figure's got extra arms that's perfect, but if not then don't worry about it. Arm her with a golden cutting sword or curling simitar.
And you've got the first in a truly twisted American McGee/Todd McFarlayne Strawberry Shortcake figure line...
The Hindu goddess of destruction, Orange Lotus Blossom!

Oh, and you can use some more sculpting material to make her animal familiar.
Mormolatt, the butterfly, used whenever the goddess wishes to deploy incendiary devices.
The butterfly has dark silver lined wings, orange and yellow sunmarked splotches on the wings, a black head, body, and antennai, and four dark orange spheres mounted on its back. These spheres are designated to hold sticky napalm jelly.

Hope this helps and enjoy.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Everybody loves the Homestar Runner

I feel I know you sufficiently well Kevin and Luke to say I respect your sense of humors. I think you might be approaching the site in the wrong way. When I first came to Homestar runner (as per my best friends recommendation) I just watched one or two toons, as that's naturally the part of the site I thought I was being referred too. I didn't think it was that funny either... It's only after I started watching Strong Bad's E-Mails at her house that night that I began to laugh hysterically. Once you've watched enough of the e-mails the rest of the site will start to make sense to you. I can't believe that either of you could check out the e-mails without letting out at least on huge laugh. I'll give you a direct link, Strong Bad's E-Mails. I reccomend "Dragon", "Japanese Cartoon" and "English Paper" to start you off. If you don't find at least one of the wonderful I'll burn my shoes, guaranteed.