the best of season 38

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What sketches do you think are the best ones from season 38? I have only watched a few episodes from this season, but I think that Meal or No Meal was a really good sketch, as was the Elmo's World segment on mouths (imagine an Elmo's World segment being among the best of the season). I haven't seen American Monster Classics: A Streetcar named Monster, but I would expect that to also be among the seasons best.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here are the top moments I can remember- using all new footage, that is...

The Telly monster and Baby Bear DOG episode, where the word Dog escaped from the book, and the episode played out like the older episodes, featuring an entire story segment being broken up into shorter segments interspearced through the episdoe.

RSI: Rhyme Scene Investigation- One of the closer of their parodies, even making fun of the WHO song at the beginning of the show.

American I- I can't believe they didn't think up this clip during that scene with that Indian guy who purposely had stupid hari so he could be remembered. Seems like the same premise. Only Oscar purposely wants the worst I on the show.

Dancing with Triangles- Similar premise, and also works on the principle of the "12 Angry men" sketch from years ago. Seeing the street humans get roped into this skit was amazing.

NASCount- Much as I hate car racing (that isn't in an anime or Hanna Barbera cartoonfrom 1966) this was a pretty funny counting skit. I really liked the pit crew being monkeys. Plus it was one of the only new Count segments this season.

GNN- A strong season finale. A very good Oscar episode. Every season is guarenteed one or 2 good Oscar episodes.

The Green Eggs and Ham parody- featuring Gordon as a grouchy looking Cat in the Hat. I forget the name at the top of my head.

John Stewart explaining practice. one of the few good Celebrity word of the day segments.

A Street Car named Monster- Glad to see they have a revamped Monsterpiece theater type segment, complete with Cookie snacking on the title card.

Elmo's World: mouth- Just for the segment with Fred Newman. I wish they did more celeb appearances in Elmo's World. it would make it more bearable.

Elmo's World: Noses- Just for the reappearance of Cyranose, a Groucho Marx muppet, and the Jimmy Durante nose.