Koch Records to produce Sesame Street CD's

anytimepally

Reaction score
Meh. I guess they have to get past the ultra mainstream kiddy stuff before they can open up the vaults to something truely amazing. I respect it... but it's definately gonna be a long wait.
too long, but hopefully worth it :wisdom:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Looks like we're going to get more and more Elmo-themed releases at the moment. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the next assortment have a rerelease of Cookie Monster or Big Bird's best of releases.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Great! I had a copy "A Sesame Street Christmas" but I misplaced it. Glad to know their re-releasing it!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think they start making new CDs, and not just re-releases.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think they start making new CDs, and not just re-releases.
Oh sure they will. But theres a lot of people looking for the older ones they grew up with. This show has music stretched from here to the moon, heh! And some of the newer songs in recent years and starting to seep into album releases.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're really doing this...s....l....o...w...l...y... :sing:
I really hope they have a good 40th anniversary music release (one that doesn't owe itself to too many celebrity guests) in the works.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It can't be new, Elmo's not on the cover. :stick_out_tongue:

RyGuy

Reaction score
I just read a post about possible 40 anniversary music-release ideas . How about a boxed set titled "Sesame Street 40 Years Of Musicial Memories It could be four disc set "Each disc could have 30 songs from each decade and it could also have skits in between the songs Disc one could focus on the first decade of the show The discs could have "Themes " Disc one could foucus on the songs from the old SS vinyl records "If posible they should be the ones that haven't been heard since then ( E.G. a song from Fair is Fair ).

Disc two could Focus on "Rarities - that means a version of a song or a song omly heard on SS proper and never was released on any audio media (E.g Disco Toothbursh " or " the Perfect Thing )

Disc Three could be a "tribute Disc " and feature songs and verbal memories of people who have passed on and I think the whole "I Miss You Mr. Hooper "scene would be a fitting touch for this disc and it could have Big Bird's rendition of "Bein Green " on it and it could have the Carpenters version of "Sing " on it.

Disc Four should have "celeberity songs "that have never been on CD: Examples of this include Perry Como and Julie Andrews singing " Picture a World " and Smokey Robinson's "it Takes Time ".

I think this would make an excllent hoiday gift for both Sesame generations and it would introduce some of lesser-known songs to a whole new generaton of listeners.