Muppets Eating People

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There was that Furniture Monsters skit in the Vincent Price episode where a TV grew eyes and teeth and ate a whatnot. And the Newsman's desk ended up eating the Newsman. I always thought that was the scariest skit on the Muppet Show.
And during the interview segment, the purple monster thing that Vincent brought on the set as one of the world's greatest eaters not only ate the cook's instruments and the cook himself, but both said monster and Vincent himself both threatened to eat Kermit! And just wee minutes before that, they had a "Under My Skin" segment where a random Fraggle-looking Muppet was consumed by a caramel-colored monster and both the eater and the eaten sang during the skit!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Behemoth tried to eat Zero Mostel.
As did Big Mama, at the end of the episode.

Eatings always scared me, though after a while I get desensitized. One that freaked me out recently was Big Mean Carl's mother eating a blonde pink male Whatnot backstage- it's in a montage on YouTube, and it really freaked me out because I could not remember it in the actual episode (also don't remember which one it was). Was this from a UK Skit?

If Kermit said to Candice "last week he ate the guest", then it would've been Sandy Duncan who was eaten by Sweetums. Last we see of Sandy, Sweetums is sort of walking up behind her (or at least to the side, unnoticed).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can clearly remember that the very first Muppet Show that ever went to air in Australia when I was very young was Candice Bergen.

That line you pointed out is very interesting Dave in the light that there was no episode broadcast before in which the guest before Candace could have been eaten, whoever it was.

But wait. Perhaps there may have been a planned show that previous week that was cancelled as a result of Sweetums earing the guest? I don't recall hearing any news about a famous celebrity mysteriously disappearing though. :big_grin: :wink:

muppetsahoy

Reaction score
What celebrity, past and present, would be funniest to see being eaten on the muppets? I say Cameron Diaz -- she's just too bubbly sometimes :smile:

Mr Devco

Reaction score
the scariest was when Kathy Griffen tried to "eat" Animal. Forgive my blueness

Mr Devco

Reaction score
The one that scared me the most was the Killer funiture bit