Petition campaign to Disney

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Frogboy,

My brother, I joined this about 2 months after you did, in 2002. I'm only 4,550 something posts behind you. What kind of wicked magic do you possess?
You will find that my sign-up date is the beginning one for this version of the Muppet Central Forum. It's the same sign-up date for many members back in the Delphi days. The question is, how can these guys who joined a year or two ago have so many posts? LOL! Funny thing is, I stopped posting for about a year or so. Where've you been? My wicked magic wants to know. Obey the wicked magic! :big_grin:

petrieboy

Reaction score
I guess I've been spending my writing energies on Roger Ebert's "Answer Man". It paid off. Five years, and he finally wrote back twice in the same week.

Craig Crane

Reaction score
just write to Lylle Breier and suggest she get of her creative "***" and start creating or hiring creatives that still have some degree of passion and integrity left.

Beauregard

Reaction score
So, do we have names and/or addresses do pop these letters off to? I'd support writing letters of support (I think there's some kind of alliteration in there.)

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I agree about the Christmas CD. Why change something as obvious as a christmas CD into something that has to be more trendy or different. In my mind, anyone going into a shop and wanting to buy a Muppet Christmas CD is probably hoping to find the Muppets singing carols we all know and love with a Muppety "feel" to them. Instead the songs were just completely unrecognisable to most and distinctly even un-christmassy. The Muppets dont have a chance to do much nowadays, so when they get an opportunity like that better to just put out something everyone will love than start experimenting. I guess that last line pretty much sums up the whole Muppet scene at the moment - yes, i do feel they need to get on the reality shows, talk shows and do the interviews, but i think they can do that as they were rather than needing to be "updated".
I definitely wish the John Denver/Muppets Christmas CD was more readily available. Here we already have a perfectly good Christmas CD and it's not being exposed. And I do think this idea that the Muppets need to be "updated" is unfounded. I've seen plenty of evidence that kids today like them just as they were (when they get a chance to see them that way, which is increasingly rare).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I definitely wish the John Denver/Muppets Christmas CD was more readily available. Here we already have a perfectly good Christmas CD and it's not being exposed. And I do think this idea that the Muppets need to be "updated" is unfounded. I've seen plenty of evidence that kids today like them just as they were (when they get a chance to see them that way, which is increasingly rare).
It really is just the formatting of exposure that needs to be updated with the Muppets. That's just marketing. It was whay Jim went to Disney in the first place. The problem is that people, including kids. can't find the Muppets and - most importantly - don't know to look for them! :zany:

Muppets Tonight, back in its day, was the best kept secret. If the Muppets show up (at ease as their classic selves) people will come. They've just gotta know where and when the opportunity comes. These days they just need the opportunity. The recent specials have done well. Sure there have been complaints and critiques, but that's not unusual for any project. It just means people showed up to watch! :flirt:

Disney has been too tentative with the Muppets and very poor in marketing them. The online Disney Store has those ugly and expensive Glycee thingies when they should have simpler items like Muppet beach towels, Muppet pencil tops, Muppet writing pads, regular priced Muppet photos and posters. Those types of easy-to-move merchandise.

The Statler and Waldorf From the Balcony segments win a webby and then disappear. The set-up is there, but no follow-through. It's not that there is a disinterest in the Muppets, just not enough of it. :attitude:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Just So you all know Half Price books just got in a huge shipment of John Denver and the Muppets Christmas cd special edition with all of the songs it comes in a very nice metalic slip case!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That is definitely cool, and it's also available at BarnesandNoble.com (The 2006 version is uncut). :smile: