Video: Fred Get Me A Twenty (20) Sketch

BillyKal

Reaction score
Does anyone else remember this sketch with Joe Raposo?

His boss orders him to find a twenty and Fred (Raposo) looks for the 20 througout the city.

Finally he finds the 20 in the posession of a gorilla who chases him throughout a city building?

Been looking for years for this sketch but no one remembers it that I've talked to.

It was from the very early years of SS.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Yes, I remember it too. He kept finding numbers from 11-19 before confronting the gorilla in room number 19. I recall the gorilla at least chasing him around the room before he found the 20 and showed it to the camera. I'd enjoy seeing this one again as well, but so far it remains a "lost" clip. If anyone out there has it, please let us know!

Andy

Reaction score
I remember it, too. raposofan and I have discussed this clip quite often. I remnember the bit when Joe points to the 12 on the wall clock and gives the camera a confused look with a "Hmmm?". His boss then yells, "NO! That's a 12! Now will you get outta here and get me a 20!"

clipjj27

Reaction score
I remember it, and loved it as well!

Boy, this is one of the clips I'd like to see on YouTube soon! I remember it just about word-for-word from beginning to end. From 'A TWO AND A ZERO...TOGETHER!' to where Fred (Joe Raposo) opens the door of Room #19 and Says 'OK, this is it!' to be followed by the 'wrestling match' with the gorilla. The music sticks in my mind as well, too. I can reasonably hum the melody to myself from sheer memory of this clip.

Let's see now, if I remember correctly, the 11 was on a calendar, the 12 was on a clock, the 13 was on a bus, the 14 was on a street sign, the 15 was on (I forget), the 16 was on a jogger's T-shirt ('A guy running...in this weather?' says Fred), the 17 was a building's address, the 18 was on an elevator button, and the 19, like I mentioned, was on a door to a room. The 20, well, needs no explaining!

Memories, memories, memories!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I thought it was preety strange how they started counting with the number 11 and not start out with numbers 1-10.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Boy, this is one of the clips I'd like to see on YouTube soon! I remember it just about word-for-word from beginning to end. From 'A TWO AND A ZERO...TOGETHER!' to where Fred (Joe Raposo) opens the door of Room #19 and Says 'OK, this is it!' to be followed by the 'wrestling match' with the gorilla. The music sticks in my mind as well, too. I can reasonably hum the melody to myself from sheer memory of this clip.

Let's see now, if I remember correctly, the 11 was on a calendar, the 12 was on a clock, the 13 was on a bus, the 14 was on a street sign, the 15 was on (I forget), the 16 was on a jogger's T-shirt ('A guy running...in this weather?' says Fred), the 17 was a building's address, the 18 was on an elevator button, and the 19, like I mentioned, was on a door to a room. The 20, well, needs no explaining!

Memories, memories, memories!
The 15 was on the newspaper. 15 cents back then would buy you an extra-special edition of the paper with the headline:
YOU'RE GETTING WARMER! (Hot off the press on a cold day)

The calendar date was January 11, 1971. If they had a transistor radio on, chances are good "My Sweet Lord" would be blaring, since that was the #1 song at the time.

Reaction score
The 15 was on the newspaper. 15 cents back then would buy you an extra-special edition of the paper with the headline:
YOU'RE GETTING WARMER! (Hot off the press on a cold day)

The calendar date was January 11, 1971. If they had a transistor radio on, chances are good "My Sweet Lord" would be blaring, since that was the #1 song at the time.
That calendar date just happened to be the day I was born! Was this the filming date for that setch? Also, who played the boss, Jeff Moss perhaps? I asked these questions before but received no answers.

clipjj27

Reaction score
Who played the boss and the date

Unfortunately, I would have to say 'I don't know' to answer both of those questions. It would be intersting to find out, though, if the boss was indeed Jeff Moss and if January 11, 1971 was the actual 'live filming 'date. Again, I hope this clip gets posted to YouTube (or somewhere on theWeb) sometime soon!

clipjj27

Reaction score
It's on YouTube!

News Alert...'fred, Get Me A 20' Is Now On Youtube!