Video: Fred Get Me A Twenty (20) Sketch

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have NEVER seen that one before. Joe wasn't used in non-musical stuff enough in my opinion. This was just uproariously funny, and a lot of his facial expressions REALLY sold this..

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I can't recall ever seeing this one before either- and it was great to see. From what I understand, there were perhaps at least two of these segments that Joe Raposo starred in. Does anyone know for sure on that?

Katzi428

Reaction score
I had to laugh at when he got excited and said "OhboyohboyohboyohboyohboyAh-HA-15!":excited: (Yes..I counted the "Oh boys":wink: )

sesameguy

Reaction score
I have NEVER seen that one before. Joe wasn't used in non-musical stuff enough in my opinion. This was just uproariously funny, and a lot of his facial expressions REALLY sold this..
Yeah, I love the moment when he finds the "14." I've never seen anyone so happy to see 14th Street. :smile:

It's so cool to see this again. Thanks to all for bringing this one back via the web!

sesameguy

Reaction score
From what I understand, there were perhaps at least two of these segments that Joe Raposo starred in. Does anyone know for sure on that?
The clip on Youtube is the only one I can recall seeing, but at least according to the poster's sources, there were some others. I'm going to guess they would have had to have disappeared from the show by 1975 or so, leaving only "Fred finds a 20" as the skit that continued to run for a few more years.

jasonsesame

Reaction score
I loved this sketch as a kid, and it's great to see it on YouTube. Does anyone also remember the sketch about danger where a man is reading a newspaper while walking through the city, and dangerous things (such as a bulldozer) keep just narrowly missing him? In the end he gets hurt by a revolving door. Was that also Joe Rapsoso?

sesameguy

Reaction score
I loved this sketch as a kid, and it's great to see it on YouTube. Does anyone also remember the sketch about danger where a man is reading a newspaper while walking through the city, and dangerous things (such as a bulldozer) keep just narrowly missing him? In the end he gets hurt by a revolving door. Was that also Joe Rapsoso?
I recall that one! I don't think it was Joe Raposo playing the man, though. I recall him being a somewhat taller guy with a mustache. Cool background music in that one, though. Anybody have it?

clipjj27

Reaction score
'Danger' clip

I loved this sketch as a kid, and it's great to see it on YouTube. Does anyone also remember the sketch about danger where a man is reading a newspaper while walking through the city, and dangerous things (such as a bulldozer) keep just narrowly missing him? In the end he gets hurt by a revolving door. Was that also Joe Raposo?
That's a clip in which I'm looking forward to seeing again after several years of not having done so. I'm not sure who the man was, but I was somewhat 'freaked out' in the end because I didn't know what hit him. If I see it now, though, it might make more sense.