Old sesame street clips

Jyllian

Reaction score
Thank heavens for Youtube, where you can see so many WONDERFUL first season sesame street clips...there are a few people who post them on there they come up with LOADS of them and some really great old sesame street...
If any of those people are on this board THANK you , you are a godsend...

I wish i knew though wehre they get these old clips...i would love to get some too! Some first season clips ..is there any way i can order them on DVD? It would be a great christmas present for my brother, I already haev the sesame street DVD that came out last year, but if there are any other first season clips on the market...

Oh, also i heard someone mentioning somthing called SSU that is on on sunday mornings...Pleas forgive me for sounding clueless but what is it? Is it classic sesame street episodes? if so, what channel an dtime is it on i would LOVE to see it!

there are still some old old sesame street clips i am looking for ..does anyone have these or know if they ar on youtube?

1 Six silly sailors

2 boy , girl and jellybeans

3 up up and away,

4 yellow submarine (English version)

5 Help

6, another skit where a little girl was given life size Jigsaw puzzles of a littel boy and little girl in their swimsuits.

7 country mouse and city mouse....

does anyone know where i could see these?

thanks so much, Jyll:wink:

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi Jyllian- Besides the "Old School" DVD set, there really isn't another way to purchase first-season clips. But keep in mind that some early clips were rerun for a long time - into the 1990s in a few cases!

Although I don't have them, I remember a few of the skits you listed. If you happen to have other old Sesame episodes to trade with, you may consider contacting another collector and doing a video trade. You may want to post your wish list in the "Buy sell or trade" forum here, just in case somebody has one of your skits on video.

"SSU" is short for Sesame St. Unpaved, a show that used to be on the Noggin channel, where they would show old Sesame St. episodes. Unfortunately, it's no longer on the air. But some of the episodes they showed are the ones now available on DVD.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Thankfully, I've been able to collect some movie files of some Sesame Street Unpaved episodes (many of them never made it to DVD). I currently have about 30 files in my collection, and am working out a trade for more--keep your fingers crossed!

Jyllian

Reaction score
thank you both

sesameguy...thank you for the info :smile: Unfortunaly though, i dont have any old seseame skits to trade :frown: all i have is the old school dvd part one, and whoever collects sesame street is sure to have that as well...maybe they will sell me some? anyhow i will post it on the board, thanks ! :smile:
about ssu, did they show entire episodes? or were they just skits from old sesame eposdes ..
I am particullarly interested in seeing Episodes two and three from season 1..

My cousin told me that the new old school sesame street has some first season stuff at the beginning..im not sure if shes right but does anyone know if this is true?

ISNorden, Your one of the people who i meant that posts all those GREAT clips and for that i would love to THANK YOU a million times over! You made me and im sure LOTS of other old school fans very happpy with your great ss clips!
thanks again Jyll

ISNorden

Reaction score
ISNorden, you're one of the people who I meant that posts all those GREAT clips and for that I would love to THANK YOU a million times over! You made me and I'm sure LOTS of other old school fans very happy with your great ss clips!
thanks again Jyll
Awww, thank you... :smile: I doubt you'll ever see any first-season episodes between #1 and #8, though, unless you know someone with access to the master tapes at the old CTW archives. Noggin released only a few hundred old episodes (total) as part of Sesame Street Unpaved, and typically edited out 7-8 minutes of clips each time to allow for commercials (ugh!). Still, their reruns were better than nothing to a lot of old-school fans; I'm grateful that a few people had the foresight to turn their tapes into movie files!

Cookie fan

Reaction score
Weird "Crack on the wall" clip

If anyone can post this old clip I'll appreciate it so much. Memory is a bit vague but I have been trying for ages to see an animated clip featuring a crack on a wall that morphs into a monster, let me tell you it was the source of many nightmares for me as a kid but just for old times sake I will like to see it once again.

My sincere plea is to anyone who may have this clip to post it, just to get some laughs.