Muppet Christmas Carol

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I bought the dvd (finally) tonight, and had the pleasure of watching it with my sister.

Neither of us have seen it in years, and boy was it missed. It's just as good as I remembered!

I can easily say, without hesitation, that the Gonzo/Rizzo teamup was the best part. They play off each other so well, great friendly chemistry! (were they portrayed as friends before this movie? I haven't seen much of the Muppet Show in years, and didn't even know Rizzo was in it until recently thanks to research...)

The songs, the sets, the casting, the humor, everything about this movie was near perfect for me. I think it's my favorite version of The Christmas Carol now, replacing "Scrooged".

peyjenk

Reaction score
I can easily say, without hesitation, that the Gonzo/Rizzo teamup was the best part. They play off each other so well, great friendly chemistry! (were they portrayed as friends before this movie? I haven't seen much of the Muppet Show in years, and didn't even know Rizzo was in it until recently thanks to research...)
Muppet Christmas Carol was actually the very first time Rizzo and Gonzo teamed up. Isn't it amazing how well they click? It's like they've been together all the time.

FrogInTheGlen

Reaction score
I didn't care much for this movie when it first came out, but it's grown on me. Now, I love it! It's now my favorite "Christmas Carol" adaptation. If I had to pick a favorite Muppet, it would be Rizzo. I don't normally pay all that much attention to him in Muppet stuff, but he and Gonzo had a really great rapport in this movie. As for scenes, I like anything with Young Adult Scrooge, because he's hot. :wink: Also, the Ghost of Christmas Future looked EXACTLY like what I thought the dementors in Harry Potter should have looked like.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's a good adaption, I say... but it really feels that it needed more muppets, and less humans in the bigger parts of the cast. One could only imagine that if the film were made prior to Richard's death that Scooter would have got the nephew part, instead of that other guy.

Though as far as adaptions go, I'd say this is about three down the line for me. Right after Mickey's Christmas Carol and Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol. Even though the Magoo one switches up the ghosts for dramatic effect.

superboober

Reaction score
If anyone was watching Friday night, they chose the final scene of Scrooge raising Kermit's salary as the 11th greatest Christmas moment. Granted, it was likely a representative moment of all adaptations of the story, but I had a feeling at least one Muppet holiday moment would make the list, and I was right.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I love this movie...i tend to watch it any season but always watch it during christmas to get in the spirit for the season

Pork

Reaction score
I love the ghost of Christmas Present! He's so loveable...I just want to hug him!

I also love it when Beaker gives his scarf to scrooge...awwwww.

Pugh82

Reaction score
YouTube retake of Marley and Marley

Before I'm assaulted for profaning the sacred, I have to say that this movie is one of my all-time favorites, regardless of genre. It's the movie that introduced me to the Muppets, and I've been hooked ever since.

I'm in the process of piecing together a Muppet Jeopardy/Scene-It game, and the video at the following link came out as a result. If anyone is offended, you'll have to forgive me -- I have a juvenile sense of humor at times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt-T6-yINaE

I also threw together a teaser trailer for the Jeopardy game. It's mainly for my family, but I think most MCC fans would appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjsDv1hONxQ

Pugh82

Reaction score
Muppet Christmas Carol tradition

1) Who's your favourite Muppet character in the movie?

Just to mix things up a bit, I'll have to put in a vote for Beaker. His scene with the scarf is one of the most tender moments of the movie.

2) What are your favourite scenes?
Once again, jut to mix it up, the pan in the schoolhouse of Scrooge's past from Socrates to Dante to Shakespeare to Rizzo and Gonzo cracks me up every time. I've been watching this movie every Christmas since I was probably 13, and it was what really got me hooked on the Muppets.

The Narrator

Reaction score
This is one of my holiday traditional movies. Then again, so is Bill Murray's Scrooged...

1) Who's your favourite Muppet character in the movie?

While I love the whole cast, the business pigs make me smile every time I see them. They get my vote.

2) What are your favourite scenes?

My favorite scene goes by fast. When Scrooge is redeemed and visits his nephew, the reactions of both the nephew and his wife are just priceless. There's a lot to love in that movie, but that scene just really encapsulates the entire movie for me.