If you could have Dave Goelz autograph one item...

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
...what would it be? Let's say you get the opportunity to meet him and have him autograph ONE thing. I know it's sort of a daunting question, and about a hundred things all came into your brain at once when pondering this, but really, what would it be?

Luke

Reaction score
Most people would say a Gonzo bust or action figure, or one of the upcoming Master Replicas, maybe a poster .... but i'd say a personally autographed Dave Goelz rubber chicken!

It's chicken, you can play with it .... what's not to love and cherish forever there ...

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Well, perhaps it isn't the most meaningful thing, but in a way I suppose it is now. Anyway, it was all I had at the time. At the Music and Magic event in Huntington, I got Gonzo's autograph on a pamphlet from the theater. If I had another chance, (is it dumb to get two autographs from the same person?), I would bring along my Gonzo plush.
:concern:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Muppets from Space DVD that goes without saying.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Probably my Boober doll, if you can autograph a doll! I guess it would be kind of hard. It all depends on the situation.

If I were bringing something to him to sign, my MFS DVD would be a good idea as Dwayne said, because it would fit in my purse nicely and it pretty much WAS a Gonzo movie so it would be pretty appropriate. But it's my least favourite Muppet movie (I don't hate it, I actually quite like it, but I don't watch it alot) so I would probably rather ask him to sign a fraggle something instead.

I don't know if he would, but I would probably ask him to sign one of my fraggle drawings. That would be cool. :smile: I'd make a copy for him to keep too, of course!

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
These are all great answers!

I had him autograph my "Muppets, Music & Mayhem" CD. And I got a picture with him. Oh, and I talked with him in an exclusive interview today, lol. Show #34, it's up on the website now.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Gonzo figure. Special to me 'cause I worked on him. :concern: And the back of his jacket has a fair amount of flat space for a writing surface. Big enough for a brief greeting or quote!

MrsPepper

Reaction score

I had him autograph my "Muppets, Music & Mayhem" CD. And I got a picture with him. Oh, and I talked with him in an exclusive interview today, lol. Show #34, it's up on the website now.
Haha, I was wondering if something like that inspired this thread. Then I saw your podcast announcement! :big_grin: I just finished downloading, so now I get to hear about all the fun you had today.

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Well - I had dave autograph some Muppet Baby cels and he signed my "Of Muppets and Men" book - I think That would be the extent of what I would have signed - I also had him sign my MFS Script ( Yes - Mine is real ):wink:

I would rather get something special like a moment - Dave is a really nice guy and was very accommodating. But - don't hassle him too much - Or the blue guy for that matter.

Not sure if I would ask him to sign my MR Gonzo - I am still not sure I'll call that a real replica without the foam nose. So, he's more for looks. I think the personalized Cels and knowing one of my Gonzo cels is in his collection is good enough for me.

SamEagleUSA

Reaction score

That's awesome Steve! Can't wait to listen to the show.

loyal muppetcast listener, Sam