does anyone remember this early sesame street skit

Jyllian

Reaction score
it was muppets, and they were muppet hippies, (as far as i can remember, i was VERY little at the time) and they were singing "the word" the word is love by the Beatles....they were singing it around a big word "Love" ...am i right?

SesameMike

Reaction score
You are correct. They were actually piling up word blocks reading LOVE. I'm not sure if each layer was one long word LOVE, or if they were 4 individual blocks.

And although there were hippie Muppets present, the "lead" singer was a "normal" anything-Muppet -- sort of like Farley. He did the "It's so fine, it's sunshine" part solo.

This is the second-rarest of the Beatles covers they did in the earliest years. What's the first-rarest? Their version of "Help!" where, after a boy Muppet is apparently ditched by a girlfriend on the phone (where upon he starts singing Help), a monster chases him around the room to the rest of the song. The other two Beatles covers, "Yellow Submarine" and "Octopus's Garden" have surfaced (pardon the pun) on YouTube after not seeing the light of day for decades; the former may not have been in English, tho, but I'd found the audio elsewhere.

[In a very rare skit, Ernie and Cookie Monster (or Beautiful Day M) had among other things "A phonograph record of the Beatles" (I thought it was an educational platter about coleoptera.) The monster ate said items, including the record, by proclaiming the item before devouring it, as usual. However, with the record, for some reason he saved the label for last. He then called out "Bee-tles", and if the report is correct, his usual consumption sounds took on a "yeah-yeah-yeah" tone.]

For a laugh: I must have been four years old when I first watched this sketch, and I wasn't so sure I wanted to go back to being three again, as in "Say the word, and you'll be three"

Mokeystar

Reaction score
[In a very rare skit, Ernie and Cookie Monster (or Beautiful Day M) had among other things "A phonograph record of the Beatles" (I thought it was an educational platter about coleoptera.)
The last time I saw this skit, I was very young....so it was some time in the 70s. And yes, I can verify that it definitely was Beautiful Day Monster who ate the Beatles record. I remember him exclaiming something like, "YUM! BEATLES!" as he consumed the 45.

Xerus

Reaction score
What I remember about that skit was Kermit talking about between. He had a table, a table cloth, a Bealtes Record, a donut, and a ping pong ball all stacked up. He was explaining the different things that were between each other. Then came Beautiful Day Monster. He ate the ping pong ball, then the donut, then the record. When BD Monster found out it tasted like the Beatles, he started making boogie movies. Then he continued to eat the tablecloth and then the table. Finally, it looked like he was about to eat Kermit, but luckily Kermit got away.

Jyllian

Reaction score
wow

OH-MY-GOSH! I think i remember this skit...somewhere DEEP in my memory...though i would have to see it...WOW! does anyone know what episode this one was on?

What I remember about that skit was Kermit talking about between. He had a table, a table cloth, a Bealtes Record, a donut, and a ping pong ball all stacked up. He was explaining the different things that were between each other. Then came Beautiful Day Monster. He ate the ping pong ball, then the donut, then the record. When BD Monster found out it tasted like the Beatles, he started making boogie movies. Then he continued to eat the tablecloth and then the table. Finally, it looked like he was about to eat Kermit, but luckily Kermit got away.