Cookie Monster cookie recipe

lamb

Reaction score
Help! I have lost my Cookie Monster Cookie Dough recipe from 20 years ago! It was from the Sesame Street Treasury Volume 10 and my family has loved it for all these years. Christmas just isn't Christmas without Cookie Monster's cookies! Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to Muppet Central. You might try looking for the Sesame Street Treasury books as a set on eBay or amazon.com. Additionally, Cookie Monster's Cookie Dough recipe was printed in the Sesame Street Library, I believe Volume 1 (a set of books that preceeded and have the same feel as the Treasury) and Big Bird's Busy Book or Big Book of Activities. I'm not sure if it's included in C is for Cookie, Recipes from Sesame Street though as I don't have that one myself.
Hope this helps and happy holidays.

lamb

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Count, and will check them out. For now, do you know how I can get the recipe quickly? I have a cookie bake andswap with family on Tuesday night and no one will forgive me if I don't bring my Cookie Monster cookies. The recipe got lost in the move from Canada. HELP!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hmmm...lamb, do you remember if the cookie recipe contained any distinctive ingredients? 'Cause if you can name a few, and if you're unable to come up with the original, perhaps we can help you come up with a recipe that at least comes close.

Update: I just went puttering around on the net, and I found a recipe called Cookie Monster's Dough. It appears to be a basic sugar cookie recipe - is that the one you're looking for?

lamb

Reaction score
Hi Muppet Girl

Gee thanks for searching! I went searching too and I think I found the same one - Cookie Monster's Cookie dough - like a sugar cookie. I just didn't remember it having eggs in it - more like a shortbread. I will try it and see if it's the same. Thanks a bunch!

Lamb :smile:

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Hey, no problem.

The thing is, if it's a sugar cookie recipe, which is pretty basic, it shouldn't be that hard to come up with.

rtgentry

Reaction score
volume one just has how to roll and cut and cook the dough.. maybe vol 2

mareeathome

Reaction score
:insatiable:If you are still interested in the cookie recipe I have it posted on my blog here, with a picure of the page. It's from the
Sesame Street Library Volume 1

Featuring the letters A and B

and the number 1

Maree

valermac

Reaction score
I have been pacing around my house all morning because I couldn't find this recipe, which i have used a million times in the last 20 something years. As a last resort i came to the computer, never thinking i could possibly find it. and lo and behold here it was, a reply to your post with the actual page displayed on the site.... I am thrilled. Who would have figured this simple recipe would be so important to so many people. thank you, thank you, thank you!:insatiable: