The Power of the Dark Crystal - Time Has Come

JMPrater

Reaction score
Here I am, back on the wonderful Muppet Central forum. I check here every day for any sort of news on The Dark Crystal sequel, and of course, there hasn't been any of late.

With The Golden Compass, Spiderwick Chronicles, Prince Caspian & one other fantasy film revealing trailers and images, it would only seem right for 30 seconds to be released from The Power of the Dark Crystal, or some more imagery. They've been in production for a few months now so we all know they have the material.

This is the time. I'd like to see an official site open up as well.

J.M. Prater

LadyVader

Reaction score
I agree with you we shoud see some thing by now

SuzieChan

Reaction score
Hiya guys!

I don't know wheter you've heard about this or not, but the people involved in the seuqel project had recently announced that "The Power of the Dark Crystal" will have it's premiere in 2009.

So I guess we are forced to wait for the trailer a bit longer.... :sympathy:

JMPrater

Reaction score
they can wait on the trailer and still provide imagery of the film, diaries, etc... The creation of the film for many is just as interesting and engrossing as the film itself.

J.M. Prater

p.s. yes, I know the premiere has been pushed up

Laszlo

Reaction score
They don't care much about the fans...

JMPrater

Reaction score
You may be right Lazlo, but I hope you're not. The whole reason why TDC is getting a sequel is because of the fans. I never understand the secrecy when it comes to these things. I can definitely understand the need to wait until there is material, but for something like this, with an original film that's soo well loved and cherished, to begin a sequel with no real fan interaction is a bit dumbfounding.

J.M. Prater

JMPrater

Reaction score
It's been announced that Peter Jackson is helming The Hobbit! I bet we get more information and maybe even location stills in the next month then we get in the next 6 months waiting for this DC sequel. Genndy built up quite a fan base with his previous work, I just don't understand what the hold up is with news and production stills.

J.M. Prater

rurulesunc

Reaction score
Last I heard they werent in production yet. I just spoke today with someone at The Orphanage (the company doing the effects) and they didnt even mention DC2. I have a feeling it might still be in a holding pattern.

JMPrater

Reaction score
well, that's not what lisa henson said at comicon. she said that everything was back on track. the orphanage isn't in charge of physical production, they may be doing effects, but that's about it.

who knows at this point.

Laszlo

Reaction score
You may be right Lazlo, but I hope you're not. The whole reason why TDC is getting a sequel is because of the fans. I never understand the secrecy when it comes to these things. I can definitely understand the need to wait until there is material, but for something like this, with an original film that's soo well loved and cherished, to begin a sequel with no real fan interaction is a bit dumbfounding.

J.M. Prater
Well, the reason they make a sequel is because they realised they can still make money with it. If they had listen to us fans they would rather do a Prequel not a Sequel. That's what DC needs a PREQUEL!