Sources for Muppet fleece

rtgentry

Reaction score
Hi there everyone, I am looking for antron fleece. I have been building some puppets but would like to start using the antro fleece instead of felt. Do you all know where I can get some? I have some pic of my puppets. I am currently working on Bert but have gotten stuck at where to connect the head the the body. So he is just a head right now. Let me know if you would like to see a pic of bert. Or any of the other guys

The Dreamer

Reaction score
Hi,

For Antron Fleece, you can buy it from Ga Stage, Inc. Contact Kathy there, via email: info@gastage.com

They sell it in 12 oz and 14 oz weights and it is 54" wide. It only comes in white but it can be dyed. There is no minimum purchase required. The 12 oz is $12.98 per yard and the 14 oz is $13.98 per yard.

You might want to put up a website where you could display photos of your puppets, or even photos of your puppets-in-progress. I, for one, think it would be neat to see photos of people's Muppet look-alike creations!

Hope this info helps!

rtgentry

Reaction score
I do not know how to put up a web page . Any suggestions.. by the way I just email the same place you told me. how funny

The Dreamer

Reaction score
Hi

There are a number of places that allow you to build a free website. Many of them ioffer step-by-step instructions for people who have no idea how to start. Here are a few:

http://geocities.yahoo.com/
(On the left side of the page is the link for a free web site)

http://www.angelfire.lycos.com/
(Click "Sign Up" or "Learn More")

http://www.tripod.lycos.com/
(Click "Sign Up" or "Learn More")

In addition, your internet service provider (the people you get your internet access from) might also offer a free website plan as well. Check their homepage for more to find out.

Hope this helps.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Another place for antron fleece is www.puppetstuff.com, at least, I think that's what it's called. Dunno. Try it, see what it does. This place has their fleece in larger sizes than most, so it lets you have more freedom in the size of your puppet.:smile:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
We have bought from Puppetstuff, unfortunately they are one of the more expensive suppliers though. The cheapeast is actually Hampshire Textile Sales (you can find them through the Puppetry Home Page) but I think you have to order large quantities.

For small amounts I'd definately go with Georgia Stage - they are the company most puppet builders I know deal with.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
I thought I'd pull this thread out of the closet rather than start a new one (reduce, reuse, recycle! :smile: ). So, I just made a puppet out of a fleece I got from Jo-Ann Fabrics that I'd never heard of before -- it's called "two-tone Sherpa". It's non pilling stuff that's abnormally thick and has slightly longer fibers than normal non-pilling stuff; it hides seams beautifully and reminds me a lot of the material Kermit was made out of during one season on the Muppet Show that I can't pin-point (it's in the sketch "Pigs Having Fun in the Sun", I know that much).

Has anyone ever used it? It's kind of spendy, but has beautiful results, IMO.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's nice fleece, I think I used it for the lips on a large puppet once.