Your Thoughts: Elmo’s Christmas Countdown

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Elmo's little "Now...now...aww" moment was cute, I admit.

Believing even when things are at their lowest is a very good lesson. :smile:

And thank goodness, they're not just doing secular Christmas songs!

However, I don't want to be picky but...despite what Elmo says, Alicia is not the one who says "listen to what I say" in the song. I would not have put that in there. :boo: :mad:

....I still say, Don Music could have done the Stiller part! LOL

This is cute. But I wish Christmas Eve on Sesame Street was still an annual tradition. For today's kids as well as for myself.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
Yeah, when Elmo is putting his own name in there when quoting someone else, it's time for someone to teach him some pronouns.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Great song with Alicia! Very inspiring moment. Not sure what she was doing just strolling down the street though!

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
The Jamie Foxx one has been the least interesting musical number in my opinion, though Elmo's nutcracker costume saved it.

Even the Alicia Keys song was captivating. I just hope there's a soundtrack.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The song with Alicia was good, I just wish they hadn't made it look like she was the one saying "listen to what I say" in the song. Nowadays especially, I don't like spirituality being ignored at Christmas. That made it less enjoyable for me. But I won't go on and on about it. :grouchy:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ooh, cross-promotion. Extreme Makeover: Christmas Carol edition! The best part about the sketch is the Count's big furry hat!

BRAD PAISLEY! So in love with him. Wow, watch him play. The variety of music in this special is really good.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Snuffleupagus for Christmas was such a cute scene. Bert and Ernie's scene was also great. It is sad that the rest of the cast is playing second fiddle to Elmo, but he has had a couple of cute moments.

"Don't you just love the holidays?" :grouchy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Exactly, the rest of the cast is playing second fiddle, and it just doesn't bring up warm fuzzy feelings.

Nice Pampers commerical, with the sleeping babies and peace on Earth. That's what Christmas is about (not a ticklish toy hehe).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
"Elmo's friend Alicia Keys said..."

Hahaha, Elmo is a name dropper!

Sort of ironic how Santa is saying "Just believe..." But maybe they could have got someone other than Kevin James if Santa had to sing a big song... Not a big fan of the trippy lights.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The snowball's cute when he blows his nose, lol.

Interesting...the implication in this story is that you can't rely on ratings systems! LOL

Again, having hope when things look their worst is a great lesson, I'm glad they did it. It's just that it was done in a more multi layered way in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.

"Thanks for helping me believe in miracles, Elmo." That was really nice, honestly. But the emotion just wasn't real enough for me most of the time. Most of the time you were just laughing at Stiller's jaded miserable stance on life. Then at the end, you're expected to take it all seriously. It just wasn't deep enough. The innocence that's needed just isn't there.

I didn't hate it. It was nice. I didn't love it either.

And I still say Don Music could have done that part! lol