Your Thoughts: Elmo’s Christmas Countdown

somethingofafan

Reaction score
All in all, not a bad special for the type.

But were you paying attention to the commercials? That pixelization was just WRONG.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Okay, so final overall impression: I missed the first 10 minutes but it was a nice simple concept so I knew exactly what was happening. The best clip was definately the Sopranos with Bert and Ernie. Next time I wouldn't put the best part of the show online ahead of time! Second would probably be Anne hathaway and Snuffy, then Alicia and Elmo. It was sort of anti-climactic because I enjoyed all the other songs much more than Santa's song. But there were alot of cute parts, and I liked the Stiller elf, and Blitzen. Also, that little snowball is adorable!

So I think I would give it a 3 out of 5.

Also, sort of an afterthought but what was up with the set! Kind of cool for the last scene when everything movied around, but Oscar didn't even get his traditional can! Sort of threw me off considering i missed the beginning. It took awhile to notice that they were on the street.

Edit: luke set up a live chat if anyone is interested. http://www.chatzy.com/211113327132

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
3 of 5 is about what I would give it as well. Still didn't like that Alicia thing (though she herself was fine). And it's not right for the other characters to play second fiddle. And Christmas Eve on Sesame Street was a deeper, more multi-layered story. It should still be shown ever year.

Some good points: a lot of cute moments, even from Elmo, hehe. And the message of never giving up was very inspirational.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Whoa, Peppi... you're a player!

I have to admit, I thoroly enjoyed the whole "Extreme Make-Over: Christmas Carol Edition" bit, but other than that, the rest of the special wasn't all that too appealing, at least I didn't think so.

Nice try, but not something I'd want to watch all the time.

Here's a little interesting piece of trivia: the first time I heard "I Saw Three Ships", it wasn't even at Christmas time, and it was just an instrumental version! To this day, because of that, I still don't think of it as a Christmas carol.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, the only thing I know "Three ships" from is the Carol Sing in Muppet Family Christmas!

Whoa, Peppi... you're a player!
Haha, I'm sorry! Brad Paisley is a handsome man with a great voice.

In my recap I forgot to say, I loved the variety of song styles and singers! Pretty good job choosing a variety of people and type of songs to sing.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the last credit in the ending credits

Muppets is a trademark of Muppets Holding Company LLC

All rights reserved

I was just asking myself since they still call them Muppets, are they still aloud to do that even though Disney owns the name.

And is Genius Productions the same people who made Between the Lions? They helped out with it too.
Wait, there weren't any "muppet" muppets, were there? Why would that be on there?

Luke

Reaction score
Edit: luke set up a live chat if anyone is interested. http://www.chatzy.com/211113327132
I did, but i can't access it. Servers down for some reason, ho hum! lol

It sounds like a good special, maybe more on the modern side and people are wanting a classic like the xmas eve one, but people said the same thing about VMX. Still nice they're actually making these!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It is nice that they are making them, definitely. I just wish they were more reminiscent of earlier shows (and not just for myself, but for kids as well.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait, there weren't any "muppet" muppets, were there? Why would that be on there?
No, but still, they're ALL characters conceived by Jim Henson, and Jim dubbed his brand of puppets "Muppets", and since they're Muppets, they're going to be called "Muppets"... but apparently Disney's trying to keep the name all to themselves now, so I guess that's why that disclaimer was there at the end of the special. *Shrug*

Wiseman

Reaction score
10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Nice show I loved the penguins:zany: singing Jingle Bells. If Jim could see this he'd be rolling over in his grave with laughter.

As for the Sopranos Ernie snd Bert sketch I couldn't hear it because I had a candy cane stuck in my ear :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

BTW: I think Elf Stiller needs to get a new job first he breaks the Christmas Counter-Downer, then he breaks the Times Square New Year's Eve Ball. I'd fire him if I were in charge of the holidays