The Muppets North Pole Christmas Village

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
It's here, it's real, and it's available!

I received a catalog from Hawthorne Village today and, lo and behold, on page 10 at the bottom is "The Muppets North Pole Christmas Village".

Now...I know there were doubters when this thread appeared last time (myself included). I had even checked with Hawthorne Village/Collectibles Today and no one in their customer service department had ever heard of it. It wasn't on their website and very few people had actually seen the flyer. Anyway....imagine my excitement when I saw it for real today.

It is now on the website and I have posted a link below:

http://www.collectiblestoday.com/ct..._prod/_17&endeca=true&srchexpr=917116&abbr=hw

The item number is #917116 and the cost is $59.95 per issue. You can also pay for each issue in three installments of $19.99 each.

Enjoy....and make sure you get your orders in. That's the only way we'll know for sure that we'll get em! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Fozzie6

Reaction score
That's cool, but I've always thought those Christmas villages are overpriced. $59.95 + $7.99 per issue and there's 4 issues, that totals out at $271.76!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
I do like this set, and I know that next Christmas putting out an entire Muppet village with my other Muppet decorations would be cool. But it is kind of pricey, however with the £ - $ conversion it is not to expensive. Although CollectiblesToday do not ship outside the USA!

Also when you zoom in on the piccy, FOZZIE HAS A TAIL! Kinda funny but come on, get it right! Also the Piggy looks stunning, but the others dont! Be interesting to see the final finished product, and finally, wouldnt this had been better on sale mid year leading to Xmas rather than Jan when its all over and next Xmas seems like a lifetime away!

Chris

Luke

Reaction score
Chris, there is a uk site which carries their stuff. We could maybe ask if they could carry it. I'll have to find which one it is.

Edit - this is the company - http://www.bradford.co.uk

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Luke.

I didnt know about that site.

They have no Muppet stuff on there at the mo. Have they ever done any Muppet stuff?

With the price of the pound on the dollar it usually works out cheaper to buy on ebay, even with postage.

Thanks again

Chris

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just not good enough for that price. At least not until seeing some decent real pictures of it. That's the same touched up photo and they're using the old Henson Co branding. Disney cannot have approved the current design or marketing yet. I'll keep checking in about this curious item. It would be great if it evolves into something of higher quality.

Luke

Reaction score
I know what you mean Jamie. I think they don't make anything at all until they have enough orders, its always photoshopped stuff. Would prefer to see some real pics too.

And Chris, it is really cheap to buy stuff from the states at the moment. You just have to be sure they are gonna have em on ebay but i'm not aware of the UK site having done the Muppet items. I have emailed them to see.

MuppetCrazy

Reaction score
You guys are right about the sculpts. There was a forum about this village before and that was one of the main discussion points. I don't think any of us were too sure about the figurines. We'll see.....

On another note, they don't usually put the items in their catalogs or on their website unless they are produced, or going to production. They'll usually send out fliers with the item to drum up interest and then go from there. A great example of this is the holiday train set. Many MuppetCentral-ers received the advertisement for the train set, but it has yet to show up on their website or in a catalog. In fact it keeps getting delayed because there hasn't been enough interest. Again.....we'll see.....

Have a great weekend! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
I have to say, they do make nice quality stuff. Some of their items are quite highly detailed so i wouldn't expect the finished product to be too shabby.