The Muppets: Then vs. Now

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
In regaurds to Little Muppet Monsters, the one thing I always wondered... how come he canned it after 3 episodes, while he let them have the entire season series of Fraggle Rock animated? I mean, LMM seemed like a good idea, but making an animated Fraggle Rock seems pretty redundant.
Well Jim apparently did say his concern was that the puppetry in Little Muppet Monsters looked much better than the animation and it created an imbalance. Whereas the Fraggle cartoon was just animation by itself.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well Jim apparently did say his concern was that the puppetry in Little Muppet Monsters looked much better than the animation and it created an imbalance. Whereas the Fraggle cartoon was just animation by itself.
Which is a shame, since an animated Pigs in Space segment would have had a lot of potential. Too bad none of the people here who have them (the ones that were released) on tape want to put them up on Youtube.

I wonder if he wouldn't have liked Dog City either. That would be a major disappointment, since I felt Dog City was just a great mix of puppetry and animation. Much better than Little Muppet Monsters sounded like.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Interesting bit of trivia, according to Muppet Wiki Richard Hunt provided a voice for one of the animated shorts.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
In regaurds to Little Muppet Monsters, the one thing I always wondered... how come he canned it after 3 episodes, while he let them have the entire season series of Fraggle Rock animated? I mean, LMM seemed like a good idea, but making an animated Fraggle Rock seems pretty redundant.
I have mixed feelings about the Fraggle cartoon series. I do know that no Muppeteer was asked to lend their voice to the characters. It was just a different sort of production. I always felt it was cashing in on the higher quality Fraggle name, but it's an interesting little series. I didn't like how Wembley was drawn or his coloring.

ATRIDA

Reaction score
Muppetfan, you said everytinhg. There is nothing else to say. We should only wait.