Is a Pepe Plush a dream or reality?

beaker

Reaction score
That's the thing with Nanco... Some of their plush looks REALLY good (basing it on a variety of licenses, that is) some of them don't. The Simpsons ones tend to look as good as Simpson plush and 3-D merchandise could possibly look.

I'm guessing the Pepes on e-bay are all used and stuff too... I dunno what to say about used plush... all dusty and stuff.

It seems that, quite obviously, any and all Muppet merchandise WILL coincide with the next movie. We just don't know if Pepe is one of those characters. I'm very disappointed that the Pook-a-looz line isn't being continued (at least to my knowledge... some say the rare Miss Piggy was produced ONLY for the surviving FAO Schwarts stores... but that's about it. Man, I really was hoping to see Pepe, Chef, and Beaker (which would have been perfect, as his head ALWAYS sinks down into his shirt), but that's not very likely.

This IS word that there are prototypes of Disney store specific Muppet Plush shown at Toy Fair this year... but no pictures could be taken of them... and I'm guessing they only had the main Kermit, Animal, Fozzie, Piggy and Gonzo stuff... it really is a shame Sababa didn't give us Pepe... I mean, they gave us the FIRST plush representations of the Electric Mayhem... 3 versions of Janice (2 smaller ones in sets, one actual full sized ones) but no Pepe.
Do you mean for this coming February Toy Fair? Or is there another Toy Fair? Sorry the Pook a Looz ends with the $20 piggy, but hey least the vinylmations are going into series 2.
I bet making a Chef or Beaker custom made pook a looz from scratch wouldnt be too hard. In fact Disney was going for(ripping off) the look and feel of "DIY" etsy.com type plushes with the Pook A Looz line.
Also, any plush not bought from a store or online store is technically going to be "used" unless it was sealed in a bag. Ive gotten almost 20 year old UFO plushes and they look brand new. I definitely am much more of a fan of Japanese styled plushes than "stuffed animals" in the traditional American sense though.

Among other things, they aren't currently (outside of the Pook-a-looz assortment) have available Muppet plush, or much figural merchandise for that matter. Though, there was some stuff that had Pepe on it recently (shirts and beach towels), so I'm sure they'll take that direction eventually. Plus, if they intend to market this the same way they marketed Toy Story 3, I'm sure we'd see every single Muppet available.
Well, Pepe had a few figures from Palisades, one figure from the Jack and the Box 2003 kids meal, that collapseable 3d figure(hey I still have the one ya got me, thanks!) and then the 9" and 15" Nanco plushes. Wasnt *too* much else besides that.

Ha, you know...given this is a "Muppet Metaverse" movie, Disney will probably be making as *many* Muppet figures in various sizes as possible. Ranging from "buddy" 2 and multi packs to 3-4" to 7" and various figurines in dioramas. Just the thought of it makes me giddy.

A recent Pepe sold for over $250 on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...giathVo%3D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Look how ugly it is! If anyone wants to buy my Pepe, I'll let him go for $200! :smile:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2648/3782820746_32f292bb8e.jpg
Um, that very same Pepe was going for about $7 plus a few bucks shipping. This one guy sold a bunch recently. Why would anyone pay more than a few bucks, let alone $200?

beaker

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, he wasn't kidding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-Pepe-Pr...589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6142eabd

Are people that insane? These things were just going for 7 bucks a month ago from the same buyer. This musta been a spoof bid war or something. One from a week and a half ago went for $14.
I don't care if that was the only Pepe plush in existence as a prototype, I wouldnt pay more than a few bucks for that heinous design.

Though I do feel both Sababa and Nanco did an ok job with the Beaker, Bunsen and Swedish Chef plushes

MadForPepe

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
Do you mean for this coming February Toy Fair? Or is there another Toy Fair? Sorry the Pook a Looz ends with the $20 piggy, but hey least the vinylmations are going into series 2.
I bet making a Chef or Beaker custom made pook a looz from scratch wouldnt be too hard. In fact Disney was going for(ripping off) the look and feel of "DIY" etsy.com type plushes with the Pook A Looz line.
Also, any plush not bought from a store or online store is technically going to be "used" unless it was sealed in a bag. Ive gotten almost 20 year old UFO plushes and they look brand new. I definitely am much more of a fan of Japanese styled plushes than "stuffed animals" in the traditional American sense though.
I'm TERRIBLE at sewing and putting stuff like that together... and I DON'T trust fabric glue. NEVER do... always falls right apart, it does.

But with used plush, I mean years and years old (vintage), where has it been, sitting in a pile of lord knows what, getting dusty that sinks right in through the fur type stuff... Goodwill stuff, that is... My sister got me a very large Nanco Fozzie that I have segregated from my GOOD plush because it has a rummage sale smell to it that I can NEVER get out. Used within a few years, maybe... that's one thing... if it was sitting on a nice desk or something... if it was shoved into a dusty cover and slightly cleaned up, no...

seradarkness

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, he wasn't kidding:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-Pepe-Prawn-9-Plush-Doll-Nanco-Popular-/250739878589?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6142eabd

Are people that insane? These things were just going for 7 bucks a month ago from the same buyer. This musta been a spoof bid war or something. One from a week and a half ago went for $14.
I don't care if that was the only Pepe plush in existence as a prototype, I wouldnt pay more than a few bucks for that heinous design.

Though I do feel both Sababa and Nanco did an ok job with the Beaker, Bunsen and Swedish Chef plushes
Heh, never been a fan of Pepe's plush design, or many of the plush designs for that matter (never yet seen a really decent Bunsen or Beaker plushies), but that picture made me giggle. He looks like he's screaming in horror...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Years ago, someone somewhere (either here or Palisades) said something to the extent of this... a plush is basically a stuffed pillow that somehow resembles a character (as opposed to a sculpted effigy).

So I can't say that Pepe looks bad... though a mouth closed interpretation with rounder eyes would have worked a bit better...