IAVMMCM running time

anathema

Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone please post the running time of the US broadcast (excluding commercials)? In minutes and seconds would be great!

Many thanks!

Luke

Reaction score
In answer to the next question that hasn't been asked yet - yes, the UK version apparently has a longer run time !

anathema

Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't expecting that! I'm trying to find out whether the film was shot at 30 or 24fps. Judging by my recording from last night, it's progressive-scan, which implies 24fps, but that would have resulted in a *shorter* UK running time... There's no obvious evidence of motion-conversion artefacts in the picture, so either NTSC->PAL conversions are getting better, or it wasn't shot at 30fps :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

It might be a good idea to find a copy of the videotape. They usually say "running time" on those.

anathema

Reaction score
The only two places listing it for sale AFAIK are NBC and Amazon, neither of whom have bothered to include this bit of information :-(

the_great_gonzo

Reaction score
i taped the movie with out the commercials and it equals a total of about 88 minutes.

anathema

Reaction score
Thanks! That's about what I was expecting - the UK transmission runs to abour 85 minutes, which is consistent with the 4% speedup you get when going from film to PAL.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Originally posted by anathema
Thanks! That's about what I was expecting - the UK transmission runs to abour 85 minutes, which is consistent with the 4% speedup you get when going from film to PAL.
But Luke says the UK version has a longer running time, not a shorter one. Has anyone been able to determine if the UK version has extra footage?

anathema

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
But Luke says the UK version has a longer running time, not a shorter one. Has anyone been able to determine if the UK version has extra footage?
If the UK transmission is 85 minutes and the US one 88, it's nothing more than the standard 4% speedup. No extra footage on either side of the pond :smile:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
But, again -- Luke maintains that the UK version is LONGER, not shorter. So the time speed up wouldn't explain it; in fact, it would make even less sense. Luke, help us, please! :eek: