Heath Ledger found dead

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I just read this on People.com and I'm in shock! He was very talented, another gone too soon actor.....

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'm so shocked by this, I can't even think straight right now. I read it only an hour ago on SuperHeroHype.com to find out some info on this summer's superhero flicks (The Dark Knight included), and I nearly passed out. Just can't believe such a great actor has left this world because of some stupid drug.:frown:

R.I.P. Heath.:cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"Suicide or accidental overdose"... these celebrities NEVER learn do they?

Well, may he rest in peace, anyway.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Very, very sad. Ledger was a talented actor. The moment I saw him in the teen flick "10 Things I Hate About You" I knew he was destined for much, much better roles. His work deserves to be honored. In researching him on IMDB I did find the 28 year old and I share the same birthday of April 4th, but since nobody here likely knew the man, it's best that we stick to remembering his film work rather than speculate on private details of his life and death.

No matter how his films performed, his performance always shines. Here's a list of some of the most memorable films he appeared in from 1999 to present: "10 Things I Hate About You", "The Patriot", "A Knight's Tale", "Monster's Ball", "The Four Feathers", "The Order", "The Brothers Grimm", "Brokeback Mountain", "Casanova", "I'm Not There".

Heath Ledger never shied away from a challenging role or character even when it could jeopardize his leading man standing in motion pictures. He will appear this year as the Joker in Nolan's "The Dark Knight". He is set to appear in next year's "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus". There has been no word about that project's development.

I particularly enjoyed his dramatic work in “The Four Feathers” and “Brokeback Mountain” and his comedic turns in “The Brothers Grim” and “Casanova”. That list of films may not be perfect, but his performances remind me of a time when actors were more than just famous pretty people. A time when an actor’s performance could skillfully change the mood of a moviegoer. He leaves the world with a body of work remarkable for an actor in his 20s. I suspect he had a great deal left to say in cinema.

It is a sad day for film. It is an especially sad day for his family and loved ones.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Oh man. At first I thought this thread was a practical joke but it's not; this is all over Google News. It's too bad. he was so young, and such a great actor. And back in the day, I had a huge crush on him when that movie A Knight's Tale came out. As is Beth, I am also in shock!

travellingpat

Reaction score
This is terrible...i was so looking forward to the dark knight, but now i wont enjoy it as much

rest in peace

KCJ506

Reaction score
I don't think this was intentional. Several people who've interviewed him have said he'd had trouble sleeping since he shot the Joker role, because the Joker is such an amoral character. He was on prescription sleeping pills, so he probably just overdosed on accident.

I've never been so shocked on a celebrity death since John Ritter. I was really looking forward to seeing him in TDK. It's not gonna feel the same way now.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I saw this on Yahoo! News five minutes ago. I am so shocked, I don't know what to say.

Ledger was definitely one of my favorite actors, and I think his best role to date (of course I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet) was in Brokeback Mountain. Such a wonderful film. Such a brilliant performance.

I always admired Ledger, because he shied away from a lot of commercial films, and took smaller, more riskier projects, Dark Knight aside. He was excellent as one of the Bob Dylan incarnations in I'm Not There, and memorable as the suicidal son of Billy Bob Thornton in Monster's Ball.

He will be very much missed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think this was intentional. Several people who've interviewed him have said he'd had trouble sleeping since he shot the Joker role, because the Joker is such an amoral character. He was on prescription sleeping pills, so he probably just overdosed on accident.
Please, I have insomnia, but even I know that you have to be careful when it comes to prescription sleeping medication, no matter how restless I can get and feel I could quite possibly need more.