My Skeksis Statue

JMPrater

Reaction score
Laszlo, you're a master. You should be working for a studio. I am envious. I've always wanted to do stuff like this, but alas, I don't have a teacher, nor do I know where to begin.

Bravissimo!

JM Prater

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Laszlo's work is so much better than what Mindstyle is releasing. They're stuff is cool, but very expensive and not very accurate - even as drawing-based figures. Most Dark Crystal fans I know don't have the kind of cash to blow on the Mindstyle stuff, especially if it doesn't resemble the film enough. However, it's still very cool - while Laszlo's stuff is Amazing! :excited:

SKANZO

Reaction score
Yea it seems very odd the price point they are putting on this stuff. How can they believe there is an audience that would shell out the cash for this, but yet, they don't think there are enough people to shell out $8 to go see the sequel in theaters?

I just think it's a positive move in the right direction to at least bring some due attention and respect to the films. If more stuff like this gets made, it's only a matter of time before we start seeing "Movie Monsters" style figures in Hot Topic and such, much like the Jareth figure.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yea it seems very odd the price point they are putting on this stuff. How can they believe there is an audience that would shell out the cash for this, but yet, they don't think there are enough people to shell out $8 to go see the sequel in theaters?

I just think it's a positive move in the right direction to at least bring some due attention and respect to the films. If more stuff like this gets made, it's only a matter of time before we start seeing "Movie Monsters" style figures in Hot Topic and such, much like the Jareth figure.
I agree. And these new collectibles, though expensive and conceptually derived, are much better than the underwhelming Sideshow/Weta dolls that killed store interest in stocking Dark Crystal items for a while.

It would be nice if they made inexpensive figures like the Goblin King Labyrinth ones or even some static mini PVCs that we all could afford.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Laszlo's work is so much better than what Mindstyle is releasing. They're stuff is cool, but very expensive and not very accurate - even as drawing-based figures. Most Dark Crystal fans I know don't have the kind of cash to blow on the Mindstyle stuff, especially if it doesn't resemble the film enough. However, it's still very cool - while Laszlo's stuff is Amazing! :excited:
Thanks so much!
Yes, I try to do my stuff movie accurate, which isn't easy as there isn't any good referene material ou there.
I bought the Mindstyle Landstrider and I do like it, just wished the colour wasn't that off. Sure could be more accurate too.

Laszlo

Reaction score
Hehe, good point! :smile:

Laszlo

Reaction score
Laszlo, you're a master. You should be working for a studio. I am envious. I've always wanted to do stuff like this, but alas, I don't have a teacher, nor do I know where to begin.

Bravissimo!

JM Prater
Thanks so much JM !
I would love to work for a studio or a toy company.
BTW I'm a self taught sculptor. Most of what I know I took from books or Internet forums. Still, it's a hard way till you get satisfying results. I began sculpting about 10 years ago.