Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up

SSLFan

Reaction score
Omg.
I've watched it 50 times now! Lol. The memories. I guess the 1998 one is where they added the giant hats and the stars all over the stage then. I love(d) this show.
:insatiable:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Yep. This is def the original production I saw back in 3rd grade, with the black curtain and everything. Don't know why they choose black... they used it for the Silly Dancing show in 89 too...? My fav set will always be the pretty blue one from Sleeping Birdie and Let's Be Friends, with the red school set from Let's Play School being a close second.

FisticuffKI

Reaction score
Hey Detroit!

So we had our first show in the Fox this morning... and it was pretty amazing! The crowd consisted of mostly schoolkids, which was evident as soon as Big Bird and Elmo took the stage. Their immediate response sent chills down my spine as we listened to their squeals of joy... It was a very nice reminder of why we do what we do.

If you happened to watch the Morning Show on Tuesday this week... you might have seen Cookie using some of my dance moves!

Anyway - let me know when you're coming to the show!

~K

SSLFan

Reaction score
Hey Detroit!

So we had our first show in the Fox this morning... and it was pretty amazing! The crowd consisted of mostly schoolkids, which was evident as soon as Big Bird and Elmo took the stage. Their immediate response sent chills down my spine as we listened to their squeals of joy... It was a very nice reminder of why we do what we do.

If you happened to watch the Morning Show on Tuesday this week... you might have seen Cookie using some of my dance moves!

Anyway - let me know when you're coming to the show!

~K
Oh, that's great you guys are finally here!:excited:

Hope you like the Fox.:wink:

My aunt said she will order the tickets on Monday so I'm hoping we'll go next Saturday or Sunday. I know it's my aunt, mom, cousin (who is 4 and LOVES SS), and I who are supposed to be going. I'll tell you the date as soon as I get it confirmed.

Hope you keep in touch throughout your stay. :smile:

SSLFan

Reaction score
Yeah it's like a homage to the original.:smile:
So is Baby Bear an understudy now or is Zoe an understudy? Or is that if Zoe's performer has to fill in, then Prairie Dawn's performer does Zoe for the scenes with Abby & Cookie Monster(based on pics)?

StarrFilter

Reaction score
Right? Yes Baby Bear AND Zoe are both understudies. You're right. If the small u/s goes in for another character, then Prairie puts on Zoe for the Magic in Me scene... Wierd right?

SSLFan

Reaction score
Right? Yes Baby Bear AND Zoe are both understudies. You're right. If the small u/s goes in for another character, then Prairie puts on Zoe for the Magic in Me scene... Wierd right?
Lol yeah. Ya know ever since Abby came into the picture, it's like Zoe's been kicked to the curb!:stick_out_tongue:

StarrFilter

Reaction score
This is very true. But the same thing that happened to Prairie Dawn when Zoe came on the street too...